WW Recipe of the Day: Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
(274 calories | *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Here’s a quick and easy Mediterranean pasta with tuna tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon, parsley and oregano you can make in 30 minutes or less.
I made it last night for dinner while Rod tossed together a simple salad. It was a big hit.
Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes Recipe Notes
The recipe is slightly adapted from a one I spied in my favorite cookbook of the moment, 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury, of Power Hungry.
Camilla’s version calls for multigrain or whole wheat farfalle and olives, but no capers. Since I haven’t found a gluten-free version of farfalle, I used Fresh & Easy Brown Rice Fusilli instead. (I think it’s just as good as Tinkyada Brown Rice Fusilli and a little cheaper.) And since I was short on kalamata olives, I used a combination of capers and olives instead.
Each serving has 274 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Served with a simple green salad alongside, this made for a satisfying dinner. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this healthy Mediterranean Tuna Pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 ounces fusilli spiral pasta (multigrain, whole wheat or gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings, undrained
- 1/4 cup pitted brine-cured black olives, like kalamata, quartered
- 1/4 cup brine-cured capers, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, undrained
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian, flat-leaf parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (I used 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes with their juice, olives, capers, and the reserved pasta water.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and then stir in the pasta and tip in the tuna (liquid and all).
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another minute, stirring to combine and break up the tuna into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in the parsley, oregano, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste and then toss again.
Source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes, you might also like:
- My post and recipe for Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta
(*5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- My post and recipe for Weight Watchers friendly Pasta Puttanesca
(*11 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Weight Watchers Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe (Recipe Girl)
(*8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!