WW Recipe of the Day: Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
Here's a quick and easy Mediterranean pasta with tuna, tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon, parsley and oregano you can make in 30 minutes or less.
I made it last night for dinner while Rod tossed together a simple salad. It was a big hit.
The recipe is slightly adapted from a one I spied in my favorite cookbook of the moment, 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury, of Power Hungry.
Camilla's version calls for multigrain or whole wheat farfalle and olives, but no capers. Since I haven't found a gluten-free version of farfalle, I used Fresh & Easy Brown Rice Fusilli instead. (I think it's just as good as Tinkyada Brown Rice Fusilli and a little cheaper.)
And since I was short on kalamata olives, I used a combination of capers and olives instead.
Served with a simple green salad alongside, this made for a satisfying dinner. Enjoy!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Pasta?
According to my calculations, each serving has 274 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this healthy Mediterranean Tuna Pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes Recipe
- 8 ounces fusilli spiral pasta (multigrain, whole wheat or gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings, undrained
- ¼ cup pitted brine-cured black olives, like kalamata, quartered
- ¼ cup brine-cured capers, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, undrained
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh Italian, flat-leaf parsley
- 1-½ teaspoons minced fresh oregano (I used ½ teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving ¼ cup of the pasta water before draining.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes with their juice, olives, capers, and the reserved pasta water.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and then stir in the pasta and tip in the tuna (liquid and all).
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another minute, stirring to combine and break up the tuna into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in the parsley, oregano, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste and then toss again.
Source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes, you might also like:
- My post and recipe for Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta
(*5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- My post and recipe for Weight Watchers friendly Pasta Puttanesca
(*11 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Weight Watchers Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe (Recipe Girl)
(*8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!