I pulled this recipe for Skinny Cauliflower "Rice" and Beans from Wedneday's food section of the Arizona Republic.
I like that it calls for "cauliflower rice," looks quick and easy to make and serves two.
I've had many requests from readers asking for healthy recipes for one or two, a need I hope to fill more regularly.
I made a couple minor changes. The first was to add a teaspoon of chili powder, which is totally optional. I also substituted chopped green onion, for red, which I thought would be less harsh used raw as a topping.
This recipe for cauliflower rice and beans exceeded my expectations. It's a lighter, healthier, delicious alternative to traditional rice and beans with fewer points for those following Weight Watchers. It left me feeling satisfied and energized until dinnertime. Peter, Mom and Rod also gave it high marks.
How Many Calories and WW Points in Cauliflower Rice & Beans?
According to my calculations, each generous serving has 329 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you count the avocado, this works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling too.
pinto, kidney, white beans, etc.
add chili powder, cumin, or chopped jalapeño to the cauliflower rice while cooking. Serve with additional hot sauce.
add cooked chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, vegetarian crumbles.
additional topping suggestions:
salsa, corn, shredded cheese, crumbled queso fresco, sour cream would all be yummy.
additional serving ideas:
use this cauliflower "rice" and beans as a stuffing for burritos, tacos, zucchini, peppers, etc.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you like this skinny cauliflower rice and beans for two, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Cumin Scented Black Beans with Quinoa, Skinny Chicken & Brown Rice Bowl (serves 1), Easy Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet, Brown Rice, Tomato & Basil Salad and Slow Cooker Brown Rice with Lentils
If you've made this Skinny Cauliflower Rice and Black Beans, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Cauliflower Rice and Beans Recipe for Two
- ½ medium head cauliflower, trimmed of leaves and core (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- ½ avocado
- 1 roma or plum tomato
- 2 green onions
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 lime wedges
- Slice the cauliflower head into large chunks, leaving stems on. Use a cheese crater or food processor or blender to coarsely grate the cauliflower to get about 4 cups' worth.
- Rinse and drain the beans and set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. When it is hot, add the cauliflower. Stir for 30 seconds, then cover the pan and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, chop the avocado, tomato, green onion and cilantro.
- When the cauliflower is tender and light golden brown, stir in the drained beans (and chili powder if using) and cook, just until warmed through, about 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with the avocado, tomato, green onion and cilantro. Spritz with lime juice.
- different beans: pinto, kidney, white beans, etc.
- spicier: add chili powder, cumin, or chopped jalapeño to the cauliflower rice while cooking. Serve with additional hot sauce.
- heartier: add cooked chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, vegetarian crumbles.
- additional topping suggestions: salsa, corn, shredded cheese, crumbled queso fresco, sour cream would all be yummy.
- additional serving ideas: use this cauliflower "rice" and beans as a stuffing for burritos, tacos, zucchini, peppers, etc.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to learn how easy it is to make your own cauliflower rice:
More Easy Healthy Cauliflower Rice Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic & Lemon (SkinnyTaste)
- Caribbean Jerk Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice (HungryGirl)
- Chicken Taco Bowl with Cauliflower Rice (LaaLoosh)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Leftover Ham (SkinnyTaste)
- Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli & Cauliflower Rice Casserole (HungryGirl)
- Sloppy Joe Cauliflower Rice (SkinnyKitchen)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
I didnt have the ingredients to make this recipe but this gave me the guts to try cauliflower rice!! I used a simpler version more like others you have posted for dinner tonight. The kids and i both loved it!!! THank you for helping me step out of the box!!
Thanks for letting me know Jessica! Love that stepping out of the box a bit worked for both you and your kids 🙂
I've really come to prefer cauliflower rice as a replacement for brown rice. Terrific recipe for rice and beans!
Hi Kristi! Thanks for stopping by with your kind comment! I truly appreciate it.
Made it for supper tonight. Absolutely wonderful!
I made this with what I had on hand. 10 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower, 1/2 tsp chili powder, can of kidney beans, roma tomato, salsa, shredded cheese & sour cream. Even my husband liked it and he didn’t like riced cauliflower before.