WW Recipe of the Day: Cauliflower Rice and Beans
(329 calories | *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I pulled this recipe for Skinny Cauliflower “Rice” and Beans from Wedneday’s food section of the Arizona Republic.
I like that it calls for “cauliflower rice,” looks quick and easy to make and serves two.
I’ve had many requests from readers asking for healthy recipes for one or two, a need I hope to fill more regularly.
Cauliflower “Rice” and Beans for Two Recipe Notes
I made a couple minor changes. The first was to add a teaspoon of chili powder, which is totally optional. I also substituted chopped green onion, for red, which I thought would be less harsh used raw as a topping.
This recipe for cauliflower rice and beans exceeded my expectations. It’s a lighter, healthier, delicious alternative to traditional rice and beans with fewer points for those following Weight Watchers. It left me feeling satisfied and energized until dinnertime. Peter, Mom and Rod also gave it high marks.
How Many Freestyle SmartPoints in Cauliflower Rice & Beans?
According to my calculations, each generous serving has 387 calories, *9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
If you count the avocado (2SP), this works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling too.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Cauliflower Rice & Beans Recipe Variations:
different beans: pinto, kidney, white beans, etc.
spicier: add chili powder, cumin, or chopped jalapeño to the cauliflower rice while cooking. Serve with additional hot sauce.
heartier: add cooked chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, vegetarian crumbles
additional topping suggestions: salsa, corn, shredded cheese, crumbled queso fresco, sour cream would all be yummy
additional serving ideas: use this cauliflower “rice” and beans as a stuffing for burritos, tacos, zucchini, peppers, etc.
If you like this skinny cauliflower rice and beans for two, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Cumin Scented Black Beans with Quinoa, Skinny Chicken & Brown Rice Bowl (serves 1), Easy Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet, Brown Rice, Tomato & Basil Salad and Slow Cooker Brown Rice with Lentils
If you’ve made this Skinny Cauliflower Rice and Black Beans, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Cauliflower Rice and Beans Recipe for Two
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, trimmed of leaves and core (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 roma or plum tomato
- 2 green onions
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 lime wedges
- Slice the cauliflower head into large chunks, leaving stems on. Use a cheese crater or food processor or blender to coarsely grate the cauliflower to get about 4 cups' worth.
- Rinse and drain the beans and set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. When it is hot, add the cauliflower. Stir for 30 seconds, then cover the pan and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, chop the avocado, tomato, green onion and cilantro.
- When the cauliflower is tender and light golden brown, stir in the drained beans (and chili powder if using) and cook, just until warmed through, about 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with the avocado, tomato, green onion and cilantro. Spritz with lime juice.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to learn how easy it is to make your own cauliflower rice:
More Easy Healthy Cauliflower Rice Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic & Lemon (SkinnyTaste)
- Caribbean Jerk Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice (HungryGirl)
- Chicken Taco Bowl with Cauliflower Rice (LaaLoosh)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Leftover Ham (SkinnyTaste)
- Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli & Cauliflower Rice Casserole (HungryGirl)
- Sloppy Joe Cauliflower Rice (SkinnyKitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!