WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Potato Cauliflower Soup
(240 calories | 7 7 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This slow cooker potato cauliflower soup is easy, healthy and very tasty.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Potato Cauliflower Soup
Then again, I don’t think I ever met a potato soup I didn’t like. (It must have something to do with being half Irish.) This slow cooker potato cauliflower soup is no exception.
You can leave your potato cauliflower soup chunky, if you are like my mom and like chunky soups. Or you can make it smooth with a potato masher , stick blender or traditional blender . I pureed about half of the soup in my blender and left the rest chunky, which seemed like a perfect compromise.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 240 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This soup also meets the requirements for Simply Filling.
If you’ve made this Slow Cooked Cauliflower Potato Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Potato Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces cauliflower (about 1/2 medium head)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 ounces fat free evaporated milk
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Combine the potatoes, cauliflower, onion, celery, carrot, broth, parsley, salt and pepper in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the evaporated milk during the last hour.
- Enjoy as is or if you like your soup creamy you can puree it using a stick blender or potato masher right in the crock pot. Or you can puree all or part of the soup with a traditional blender. Do this carefully in small batches so you don't burn yourself.
- Taste it and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised and Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker potato cauliflower soup, you might also like:
- Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Weight Watchers Cauliflower Zucchini Soup
- Skinny Easy Artichoke Soup
- Skinny Potato Leek Soup
- Slow Cooker Spanish Potato Onion Soup
I used my Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker (affiliate link) to make this slow cooker potato cauliflower soup. You can check it out on Amazon:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!