Weight Watcher's Recipe of the Day: Mom's Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie
Pot pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. Rod's too.
So, when I came across this recipe for Mom's Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie in Weight Watchers Comfort Classics: 150 Favorite Home-Style Dishes, I thought it would be a great way to use up the leftover rotisserie chicken sitting in the fridge.
Calling for a package of refrigerated biscuits, it looked quick and easy to put together.
In order to lighten it up, I also made a few other changes to this chicken and biscuit pot pie recipe.
I substituted celery for fennel, and evaporated milk for fat-free half-and-half in the spirit of using what I have and avoiding an extra trip to the grocery store.
We both really enjoyed this Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie made lighter and healthier.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Pot Pie?
According to my calculations, each serving has 324 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you like this lightened up chicken pot pie recipe, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly lightened up comfort food recipes including: SkinnyTaste Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Mini Chicken Pot Pies Made Light & Easy, Easy Slow Cooker Chicken a la King, Slow Cooker Chicken Rice & Broccoli and Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole
If you've made this Lighter Pot Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mom's Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie Recipe
- 1-½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 1-½ cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 6 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees. Spray a 3-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, evaporated milk, flour, mustard and pepper until well blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic, thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixed vegetables, chicken and broth mixture into the onion mixture. Increase heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes more. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture and cook until the filling is bubbly and the biscuits are golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
Source: adapted from Weight Watchers Comfort Classics : 150 Favorite Home-Style Dishes (affiliate link)
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
- Tater Tot Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- Enlightened Chicken Pot Pie
- Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Turkey Cheeseburger Impossible Pie for Two
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
I agree with you I wouldn't waste my points on prepared biscuits. Do you have a weight watcher friendly recipe for biscuits?
I don't have a Weight Watchers friendly recipe for biscuits off the top of my head, but I'll work on it!
I love this food! Thanks for sharing 🙂
To lower points, two options I might consider in making this chicken pot pie with biscuits: 1) the 3 ingredient Mayonnaise biscuits or, 2) the cauliflower biscuits (my computer recently crashed and I lost my saved to Word Perfect recipes so I can't include these recipes today. I am sure it will be easy to find them at Facebook's WW Smartpoints or at 01recipes or 77 recipes).
What a wonderful tool you have created for us! Thanks so much. I am very excited about the Mom's Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie Recipe!