Weight Watcher’s Recipe of the Day: Mom’s Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie
(325 calories | 8 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Pot pie is one of my favorite comfort foods. Rod’s too.
So, when I came across this recipe for Mom’s Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie in Weight Watchers Comfort Classics: 150 Favorite Home-Style Dishes, I thought it would be a great way to use up the leftover rotisserie chicken sitting in the fridge.
Calling for a package of refrigerated biscuits, it looked quick and easy to put together.
Weight Watchers Mom’s Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie Recipe Notes
In order to lighten it up, I also made a few other changes to this chicken and biscuit pot pie recipe.
I substituted celery for fennel, and evaporated milk for fat-free half-and-half in the spirit of using what I have and avoiding an extra trip to the grocery store.
We both really enjoyed this Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie made lighter and healthier.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in Mom’s Chicken & Biscuit Pie Made Lighter?
According to my calculations, each serving has 324 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you liked this lightened up chicken pot pie recipe, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly lightened up comfort food recipes including: SkinnyTaste Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Mini Chicken Pot Pies Made Light & Easy, Easy Slow Cooker Chicken a la King, Slow Cooker Chicken Rice & Broccoli and Skinny Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Mom's Chicken & Biscuit Pot Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 6 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees. Spray a 3-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, evaporated milk, flour, mustard and pepper until well blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic, thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixed vegetables, chicken and broth mixture into the onion mixture. Increase heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes more. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture and cook until the filling is bubbly and the biscuits are golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
Source: adapted from Weight Watchers Comfort Classics : 150 Favorite Home-Style Dishes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
- Tater Tot Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- Enlightened Chicken Pot Pie
- Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Turkey Cheeseburger Impossible Pie for Two
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!