If you love Buffalo chicken flavors (aka: spicy, cheesy, chicken concoctions) you’re sure to love these Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites. Combine a few simple ingredients to make a creamy spicy buffalo chicken dip. Fill mini fillo shells with it and bake. That’s all there is to it.
A creamy zesty buffalo chicken appetizer that’s much lighter and messier than most. These Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites are just the thing to serve at your next party or game-day gathering.
I love using Athens Mini Fillo Shells for simple appetizers and desserts. They are pre-baked, so you can serve them straight out of the package or you can fill ’em and heat for all kinds of sweet and savory treats.
With just 15 calories per shell, they’re a Weight Watchers best friend. You’ll find them in the freezer section near the pie crust and phyllo dough.
Skinny on Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
To shave the fat and calories from these mini Buffalo chicken bites, you’ll want to use reduced fat cream and shredded cheddar cheeses. I used canned chicken for convenience but you could use your own chopped cooked chicken breast if you prefer. We topped them with finely chopped celery for a little crunch. A few blue cheese crumbles would be delicious too.
According to my calculations each serving (2 filled shells) has 75 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus. These have increased to 3 SmartPoints, still not bad for such a tasty treat!!
Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 can 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, (such as Ro*Tel® ), drained well
- 1 can 5 ounces chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 22 frozen mini fillo shells from 2 boxes, 1.9 oz each
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place the cream cheese and pepper sauce in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Add the drained tomatoes, chicken and shredded cheese, Stir well, breaking up any large pieces of chicken, until well blended. Divide the mixture evenly between the fillo shells. Place on a large shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
*PointsPlus® for mini buffalo chicken bites calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!