WW Recipe of the Day: Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
(75 calories | 3 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you love Buffalo chicken flavors (aka: spicy, cheesy, chicken concoctions) you’re sure to love these Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites. Combine a few simple ingredients to make a creamy spicy buffalo chicken dip. Fill mini fillo shells with it and bake. That’s all there is to it.
A creamy zesty buffalo chicken appetizer that’s much lighter and less messy than most. These baked buffalo chicken bites are just the thing to serve at your next party or game-day gathering.
I love using Athens Mini Phyllo Shells for simple appetizers and desserts. They are pre-baked, so you can serve them straight out of the package or you can fill ’em and heat for all kinds of sweet and savory treats.
With just 15 calories per shell, they’re a Weight Watchers best friend. You’ll find them in the freezer section near the pie crust and phyllo dough.
Skinny on Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
To shave the fat and calories from these mini Buffalo chicken bites, you’ll want to use reduced fat cream and shredded cheddar cheeses.
I used canned chicken for convenience, but you could use your own chopped cooked chicken breast if you prefer.
We topped them with finely chopped celery for a little crunch. A few blue cheese crumbles would be delicious too.
According to my calculations each serving (2 filled shells) has 75 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Not bad for such a tasty treat! Enjoy!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Fillo Bites
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Heat oven to 350F degrees.
Step 3: Place the cream cheese and hot peppers sauce in medium microwave -safe bowl.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Reheat in 10 second increments until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Add the drained tomatoes, chicken and shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture.
Stir well, breaking up any large pieces of chicken, until well blended.
Step 5: Place the empty phyllo shells in a large shallow baking pan and divide the mixture evenly between shells.
Step 6: Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, or until heated through.
Step 7: Top with finely chopped celery, cilantro, or crumbled blue cheese (if using), before serving.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites Serving Suggestions
- Garnish with your favorite topping: chopped celery, cilantro, parsley, crumbled blue cheese, etc. (remember to add WW Points as necessary)
- Skip the phyllo dough shells and enjoy with celery
- Heat the chicken mixture in a small bowl and serve with your favorite dippers (tortilla chips, carrot sticks, celery, jicama, etc. – remember to add WW Points as necessary)
If you’ve made these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tartlets, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, (such as Ro*Tel® ), drained well
- 1 can (5 ounces) chicken chicken breast, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 22 frozen mini fillo shells, from 2 boxes (1.9 oz each)
- 1 medium stalk celery, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Crumbled blue choose, for garnish (optional)
- Finely chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place the cream cheese and hot peppers sauce in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Reheat in 10 second increments until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the drained tomatoes, chicken and shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture. Stir well, breaking up any large pieces of chicken, until well blended.
- Place the empty fillo shells in a large shallow baking pan and divide the mixture evenly between shells.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top with finely chopped celery, cilantro, or crumbled blue cheese (if using), before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Appetizers for Weight Watchers
- 16 Slim & Healthy Dip Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip
- Skinny Weight Watchers Shrimp Cocktail
- 2-Ingredient Canned Tuna Ceviche
- WW Everything But the Bagel Chips
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!