WW Recipe of the Day: Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
If you love Buffalo chicken flavors (aka: spicy, cheesy, chicken concoctions) you're sure to love these Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites. Combine a few simple ingredients to make a creamy spicy buffalo chicken dip. Fill mini fillo shells with it and bake. That's all there is to it.
A creamy zesty buffalo chicken appetizer that's much lighter and less messy than most. These baked buffalo chicken bites are just the thing to serve at your next party or game-day gathering.
I love using Athens Mini Phyllo Shells for simple appetizers and desserts. They are pre-baked, so you can serve them straight out of the package or you can fill 'em and heat for all kinds of sweet and savory treats.
With just 15 calories per shell, they're a Weight Watchers best friend. You'll find them in the freezer section near the pie crust and phyllo dough.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe Notes
To shave the fat and calories from these mini Buffalo chicken bites, you'll want to use reduced fat cream and shredded cheddar cheeses.
I used canned chicken for convenience, but you could use your own chopped cooked chicken breast if you prefer.
We topped them with finely chopped celery for a little crunch. A few blue cheese crumbles would be delicious too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Buffalo Chicken Appetizer?
According to my calculations each serving (2 filled shells) has 75 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Not bad for such a tasty treat! Enjoy!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Fillo Bites
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Heat oven to 350F degrees.
Step 3: Place the cream cheese and hot peppers sauce in medium microwave (affiliate link)-safe bowl.
Cover and microwave (affiliate link) on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Reheat in 10 second increments until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Add the drained tomatoes, chicken and shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture.
Stir well, breaking up any large pieces of chicken, until well blended.
Step 5: Place the empty phyllo shells in a large shallow baking pan and divide the mixture evenly between shells.
Step 6: Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until heated through.
Step 7: Top with finely chopped celery, cilantro, or crumbled blue cheese (if using), before serving.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites Serving Suggestions
- Garnish with your favorite topping: chopped celery, cilantro, parsley, crumbled blue cheese, etc. (remember to add WW Points as necessary)
- Skip the phyllo dough shells and enjoy with celery
- Heat the chicken mixture in a small bowl (affiliate link) and serve with your favorite dippers (tortilla chips, carrot sticks, celery, jicama, etc. - remember to add WW Points as necessary)
If you've made these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tartlets, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, (such as Ro*Tel® ), drained well
- 1 can (5 ounces) chicken chicken breast, drained
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 22 frozen mini fillo shells, from 2 boxes (1.9 oz each)
- 1 medium stalk celery, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Crumbled blue choose, for garnish (optional)
- Finely chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place the cream cheese and hot peppers sauce in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Reheat in 10 second increments until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the drained tomatoes, chicken and shredded cheese to the cream cheese mixture. Stir well, breaking up any large pieces of chicken, until well blended.
- Place the empty fillo shells in a large shallow baking pan and divide the mixture evenly between shells.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top with finely chopped celery, cilantro, or crumbled blue cheese (if using), before serving.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Appetizers for Weight Watchers
- 16 Slim & Healthy Dip Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip
- Skinny Weight Watchers Shrimp Cocktail
- 2-Ingredient Canned Tuna Ceviche
- WW Everything But the Bagel Chips
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
These sound great and will be perfect for our Halloween get together.
Hope you enjoy them, Karen. We sure did!
These Buffalo Mini Bites are 'to die for'! Since Buffalo Chicken is one of my all-time favorites anyway; had to try them. They were as good as expected; if not better. During our tasting party, we also decided to try some inside celery (the new stuffed celery) and also another hit! Very, very good - and one that you should definitely keep on file!!
Thanks, Mom!! Glad you were able to join us for our Mini Bites Tastes Tests!!
WOW!! These are yummy and GREAT!! These will be the hit of all football parties to come. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!
Hi, can I make the mixture ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to put in the cups and in the oven?
Hi Steph, Yes, that should work fine!
Instead of phyllo, may I use tart shells and if so, should I pre cook them or from frozen and bake the filling when frozen? And how long?
Hi Nicole, since the phyllo shells are already precooked, I would precook your tart shells according to the recipe/instructions provided with them. Then you can follow the recipe as written. Hope this helps.
Wow! How great to have this luxuriously sinful treat that actually is healthy too. Thanks so much for keepjng me focused on savoring. Really makes sense!
This was TOO good to be classified an appetizer, as I'd planned when I made it. It is a wonderful version of one of my favorites, Buffalo Chicken! It's a 'keeper'.
Great appetizer. I like to top cucumber slices with it.
Delicious! Must make them again......
I couldn’t find the pastry shells so I used wonton wrappers…very good recipe!
Hi Pam, Wonton wrappers are a great substitute for the phyllo pastry shells. Thanks for sharing! ~Martha