Top 50+ WW Friendly Super Bowl Recipes Roundup
Another Super Bowl is now just days away and many of us are likely to overindulge while we mindlessly munch away during the big game.
To help you feel somewhat less guilty by the time Monday morning rolls around we've gathered these 50+ favorite lightened up football foods and snacks to help provide a little balance with the eating we'll all be doing.
But first, here's some interesting and fun Super Bowl Food Shockers you won't believe!
- The Super Bowl is ranked as the number two food consumption event of the year, second only to Thanksgiving.
- According to a 2013 study conducted in the United States, sports fans who watched their team lose were more likely to eat high-calorie, unhealthy foods the day after the big game than fans whose team had won.
- According to the National Chicken Council, Americans will consume 1.33 billion chicken wings this Super Bowl weekend—which is up two percent (or 30 million chicken wings) from last year.
- One in seven (or 48 million) Americans will order takeout or have food delivered to them on game day. About sixty percent of takeout orders are pizza. A recent survey completed by the National Restaurant Association revealed that 61 percent of people consider pizza a "must have" Super Bowl treat. Domino's delivery drivers will log about 4 million miles on Super Bowl Sunday. Pizza Hut claims that it sells more pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday than on any other day of the year.
- Chips are the ultimate football snack food and an expected 11 million pounds of chips are expected to be consumed this Sunday, along with an expected 4 million pounds of pretzels and 2.5 million pounds of nuts.
Amazing Super Bowl Food Facts From The Big Game...
- You will consume about 750 calories eating 5 oz Doritos. You would have to run 123 football fields to burn off those chips. You would have to consume around 175 baby carrots or 700 celery sticks to get the same number of calories!
- The Calorie Control Council (CCC) estimates that consumers will eat 30 million pounds of snacks total, with 3.8 million of those being popcorn. CCC research suggests that people will eat a minimum of 1,200 calories and 50 grams of fat on Super Bowl Sunday... from snacking alone!
- The California Avocado Commission estimates that in the week leading up to the Super Bowl, 12 million pounds of heart-healthy avocados will be purchased. On Super Bowl Sunday, Americans will consume 8 million pounds of guacamole.
- According to a spokeswoman from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, if you were to eat 3 slices of pepperoni pizza, 6 spicy wings with dressing, 2 beers and several ounces of potato chips, and a cookie…you would be consuming approximately 3,000 - 3,500 calories.
- Super Bowl is the biggest winter grilling weekend of all, as well as the second-biggest grilling weekend of the year (4th of July is first). Ten percent of Americans will serve some kind of grilled food, including hot dogs, hamburgers, bratwurst, and steak at their football parties.
- If past Super Bowl weekends are indicative of anything, Americans will drink about 50 million cases of beer this weekend at an overall cost of about $10.8 billion dollars! Not all beer is created equal, but about 94 percent of beer consumed will be Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Lite, or Natural Light.
- Americans will also be spending $2.37 million on sodas and other soft drinks during Super Bowl weekend.
- And for the day after the Super Bowl...
Antacid sales see a 20 percent increase the Monday morning after the big game. Six percent of Americans will also call in sick that same day!
WW Freestyle Favorite Football Game Day Recipes
WW Friendly Dip Recipes
Crock Pot Refried Bean Dip (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Skinny Southwest Dip (DailyDoseOfPepper)
Buffalo Chicken Dip (EmilyBites)
Skinny Taco Dip (SkinnyTaste)
Crock Pot Corn Dip (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Pepperoni Pizza Dip (EmilyBites)
Hot Spinach Dip (SkinnyTaste)
BLT Dip (EmilyBites)
More Popular Game Day Foods!!!
Simple Deviled Eggs (Simple Nourished Living)
Pulled Pork (Simple Nourished Living)
Slow Cooker Chex Party Mix (Simple Nourished Living)
Black Bean Cheese Nachos (Simple Nourished Living)
Skinny Pigs in a Blanket (Simple Nourished Living)
Guacamole (Simple Nourished Living)
WW Friendly Chili Recipes
Slow Cooker Three Bean Turkey Chili (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Crock Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili (DailyDoseOfPepper)
Spicy Chicken Chili (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Chili Cornbread Bake (EmilyBites)
Vegetarian Dan-Good Chili (HungryGirl)
Quick Beef Chili (SkinnyTaste)
Chili Wonton Cups (EmilyBites)
Buffalo Chicken Chili (Recipe-Diaries)
WW Friendly Chowder Recipes
Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder (Simple-Nourished-Living)
New England Fish Chowder (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Slow Cooker Corn & Shrimp Chowder (Simple-Nourished-Living)
WW Friendly Philly Cheesesteak Recipes
Hot Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Dip (SkinnyTaste)
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes (LaaLoosh)
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (SkinnyTaste)
Philly Cheese Steak Flat-out Sliders (DrizzleMeSkinny)
WW Friendly Pizza Recipes
Pepperoni Pizza Mini Muffins (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pizza (DrizzleMeSkinny)
English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Veggie Ranch Pizza (Recipe-Diaries)
Pizza Wonton Cups (EmilyBites)
Skinny Pizza Bites (SkinnyKitchen)
Spicy Chicken Pesto English Muffin Pizza (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Pizza Logs (EmilyBites)
Pizza Bellas (HungryGirl)
Spinach & Artichoke Pizza Fingers (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Pepperoni Pizza Sandwiches (DailyDoesOfPepper)
Pizza Pockets (EmilyBites)
WW Friendly Slider Recipes
Pizza Burger Sliders (EmilyBites)
Barbecue Beef Sliders (SlenderKitchen)
Open-Faced Pretzel-Coated Pork Sliders (HungryGirl)
Apple, Bacon, Feta & Turkey Sliders (MealPlanningMommies)
WW Friendly Chicken Wing Recipes
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ginger Chicken Wings (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Skinny Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings (Recipe-Diaries)
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips (SkinnyTaste)
Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings (Simple-Nourished-Living)
BBQ Buffalo Wings (HungryGirl)
Baked Honey Sriracha Wings (SlenderKitchen)
Clean & Hungry Boneless Buffalo Wings (HungryGirl)
WW Friendly Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters with Sea Salt (SkinnyTaste)
Low-Fat Cookies 'n Cream Dip (Simple-Nourished-Living)
4-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus (Simple Nourished Living)
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Dip (HungryGirl)
Sweet 'n Salty No Bake Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
No-Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Peanut Butter Blondies (HungryGirl)
Snickers Mini Tarts (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Mini S'mores Pie (DrizzleMeSkinny)
4-Ingredient Dulce de Leche Tartlets (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookie Bites (WeightWatchers)
Sugar-Free Sliced Apple "Cookies" (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cups (EmilyBites)
Favorite Super Bowl Foods by State from GoogleTrends
Super Bowl Commercials:
1967 - A 30-second commercial costs about $40,000 during the first Super Bowl.
2017 - A 30-second spot reportedly costs about $5 million dollars.
2019 - CBS is charging a record $5.25 million for a 30-second commercial during Super Bowl LIII between the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!