Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Simple Deviled Egg Recipes
(39 calories | 1 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Love Deviled Eggs?
Looking for a simple easy deviled egg recipe?
I'm always amazed at the unwavering popularity of deviled eggs.
While you may consider them old fashioned, they are always one of the first things to disappear at a party, potluck, or picnic.
When it comes to deviled egg recipes, I'm with Marion Cunningham who states in her book, Learning to Cook with Marion Cunningham "Less is Best with Deviled Eggs."
There are lots of deviled egg recipes that call for fancy fillings and we've included a few here if you are in the fancy is better camp.
But try this simple deviled egg recipe recipe first and see if you don't agree that sometimes simpler is better.
The Skinny on Simple Deviled Egg Recipes
I lightened the recipe by using part reduced-fat mayonnaise and part plain nonfat Greek yogurt, instead of all full fat mayonnaise.
To make the basic recipe work with simply filling use all plain nonfat Greek yogurt instead of part light mayonnaise.
According to my calculations, each deviled egg has 39 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Simple Deviled Egg Recipe Variations
Prefer your deviled eggs with a little more pizzaz?
Here are some creative ideas for adding interest to simple old fashioned deviled eggs.
- Deviled Eggs with Anchovies and Basil - Add 6 finely chopped anchovy filets and 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil to the egg yolk mixture.
- Deviled Eggs with Horseradish - Mix 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) prepared horseradish into the egg yolk mixture.
- Deviled Eggs with Olives - Omit mustard. Stir ¼ cup finely chopped olives and ¼ teaspoon curry powder into the egg yolk mixture.
- Deviled Eggs with Shrimp & Dill - Stir ¼ cup finely chopped cooked shrimp and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill into the egg yolk mixture.
- Deviled Eggs Denver Style - Stir 1 tablespoon each of finely chopped red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and fully cooled ham into the egg yolk mixture.
- Spicy Deviled Eggs - Omit salt and pepper. Stir ¼ cup minced scallions, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic, and ½ teaspoon sugar into the egg yolk mixture.
If you've made these Classic Deviled Eggs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Simple Deviled Egg Recipes
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled**
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard, grainy or dijon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (of your choice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Paprika for sprinkling on top (if desired)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yellow yolks into a small bowl and mash them with a fork until they are smooth and paste like.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and stir until blended and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to suit your tastes.
- Divide the filling evenly into the hollows of the egg whites with a spoon heaping it slightly. (Alternatively scoop the filling into a heavy-duty plastic bag. Press the filling into a corner of the bag and then snip off the corner and use it like a pastry bag to squeeze the mixture attractively into the hollows of the egg whites.)
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve on a platter.
**Instructions for How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Sources for these simple deviled egg recipes:
- Betty Crocker Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today
- Learning to Cook with Marion Cunningham
- The America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook, Heavy-Duty Revised Edition
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from Rockin' Robin Cooks shows another way to make homemade deviled eggs:
If you liked simple deviled egg recipes you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!