WW Recipe of the Day: Meatless Quorn Chili
This simple vegetarian/vegan chili combines Quorn meatless crumbles, beans, salsa and spices for a speedy, yet delicious, family-friendly meal. And the best part, the only chopping required is for the fresh cilantro—so it's perfect when you are short on time!
The meat substitute for this protein-packed chili is Quorn, a remarkable product with natural meat-like texture developed in the United Kingdom but commonly found in the frozen food aisles of many markets here in the U.S. Quorn is made from isolated mushroom protein and comes in many forms, including crumbles, pieces, strips, cutlets, patties, burgers and meatballs, fillets, nuggets, wings, and more.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Simple Vegetarian Chili?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 226 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Quorn Chili
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan
and simmer over medium heat until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Step 3: Divide evenly between four bowls and serve with your favorite garnishes: lite sour cream, non-fat Greek yogurt, chopped avocado, guacamole, lite shredded cheese, chopped green onion, crushed baked tortilla chips, etc.
Step 4: Store any leftover chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe Notes, Variations & Substitutions
Be sure to use your favorite chunky salsa when making this chili, anything from mild to hot will work well.
Most well-stocked markets will carry instant refried beans. At my local WalMart, I found an assortment of Instant Mexicali Rose flavors including fat-free pinto beans, fat-free black beans, green chile and spicy chorizo.
From the recipe author, Andrew Schloss: "The amino acid structure of chicken eggs is the gold standard against which all other proteins are measured. Of all the non-animal proteins (soy, peanuts, grains), Quorn comes closest to the balance of amino acids in eggs."
Enjoy this meaty vegetarian chili with your favorite garnishes. We like:
- Lite sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt
- Chopped avocado or guacamole
- Lite shredded cheese
- Chopped green onion
- Radish slices
- Crushed baked tortilla chips, etc.
Ways to Use Leftover Vegetarian Chili
- Warm up this simple Quorn chili and spoon over a baked potato, or sweet potato, and top with garnishes.
- Use leftover chili as a filling for stuffed peppers or zucchini
- Spoon over baked tortilla chips and sprinkle with cheese, then heat in the oven for some simple vegetarian nachos.
- Makes a hearty filling for roasted acorn squash or spaghetti squash.
If you've made this Simple Vegetarian Chili, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Meatless Quorn Chili
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen Quorn Meatless Ground
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (about 16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup instant refried bean powder (I used Mexicali Rose Green Chile)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan and simmer over medium heat until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite garnishes, if desired: lite sour cream, non-fat Greek yogurt, chopped avocado, guacamole, lite shredded cheese, chopped green onion, crushed baked tortilla chips, etc.
- Store any leftover chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe source: Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals by Andrew Schloss
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Light Healthy Vegetarian Chili Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Vegetarian Bulgur Chili
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
- Crock Pot Vegetarian Lentil Chili
- Meaty Vegetarian Chili from Meal Planning Mommies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!