If you've ever enjoyed a buckeye candy, you are going to want to give these crispy bon bons a try. Buckeyes are like peanut butter balls, but rather than being completely covered in chocolate, the peanut butter fudge confections are only partially dipped in melted chocolate, leaving a circle of peanut butter visible.
These easy no-bake bons bons have much less sugar than traditional buckeyes, and the the crispy rice cereal adds a pleasant lightness and crunch.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites?
According to my calculations, each bon bon has about 120 calories.
How to Make Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons, Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Place a piece of wax paper or silicone liner on small baking sheet and set aside.
Step 4: Carefully fold in the crispy rice cereal.
Step 5: Roll into 16 balls, using about 1 tablespoon mixture each, and place on prepared baking sheet .
Step 6: In a small microwavable bowl, add the chocolate chips and oil. Microwave on HIGH in 30 second bursts, stirring after each pause, until melted.
Step 7: Cover half of each bon bon by dipping in the melted chocolate, or simply drizzle chocolate over bon bons.
Step 8: Place bon bons in refrigerator until set.
Step 9: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These chocolate covered bon bons are best enjoyed the day they are made. They will keep in the refrigerator, but the crispy rice cereal will lose its crunch and get soggy over time.
Ohio's Favorite Buckeye Candy Recipe
These no-bake candies make a great addition to any holiday cookie table.
If you've made these No-Bake Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Candies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons Truvia Baking Blend
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- Place a piece of wax paper or silicone liner on small baking sheet and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add peanut butter, Truvia Baking Blend, light cream cheese, Truvia Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla. Cream together with an electric mixer until well mixed and thoroughly combined.
- Carefully fold in the crispy rice cereal.
- Roll into 16 balls, using about 1 tablespoon mixture each, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add the chocolate chips and oil. Microwave on HIGH in 30 second bursts, stirring after each pause, until melted.
- Cover half of each bon bon by dipping in the melted chocolate, or simply drizzle chocolate over bon bons.
- Place bon bons in refrigerator until set.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love Quick & Easy by Marlene Koch
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bon Bons, you might also like
- Easy Rice Krispy Date Balls
- Maple Cranberry Crunch Bars
- Chocolate Rice Crispy Easter Egg Nest
- Chocolate Raisin Bran No-Bake Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!