WW Recipe of the Day: Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
(57 calories | 1 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Check out these simple and delicious smoked salmon pinwheels.
Pretty impressive, huh?
They are adapted from a recipe that caught my eye as I was thumbing through The New Holly Clegg Trim & Terrific Cookbook (Trim and Terrific) (affiliate link) looking for an easy appetizer idea to make to take to friends who invited us for dinner last night.
I don't make appetizers that often and when I do, it's usually the same simple things - a bowl of mixed nuts, a low-fat dip and something for dunking in it, cheese and crackers or chips and salsa or guacamole - so coming up with the idea for these smoked salmon pinwheels took a fair amount of cookbook searching.
The Skinny on Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
I made several minor changes: substituting whole wheat lavash from Trader Joes for tortillas; chopped green onion for red onion; and adding fresh dill in the spread and as a garnish for the top of each pinwheel.
These smoked salmon pinwheels were really easy to make. You just mix together the smoked salmon spread ingredients, spread it on the lavash...
Roll up like a jelly roll into logs and chill.
Then cut the logs into ⅜-inch thick slices and arrange them on a platter. And if you want, top with a little sprig of fresh dill. That's all there is to it.
Smoked salmon pinwheels are an easy appetizer I can see myself making again. I think the smoked salmon and cheese mixture would be great spread on crackers, crostini or cucumber slices too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Pinwheels?
According to my calculations, each serving has 57 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made these Pinwheels with Smoked Salmon, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Smoked Salmon Pinwheel Appetizers Recipe
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (about 5 ounces) light garlic and herb cheese spread (such as Boursin Light)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 whole wheat lavash, about 9 x 12-inches or 8 flour tortillas (6 to 8-inch)
- Small sprigs of fresh dill for garnish, if desired
- Cut the salmon into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and garlic and herb cheese spread, with an electric mixer on low, until creamy.
- Stir in the green onions, capers, dill, lemon juice and smoked salmon until well blended.
- Divided and spread the salmon mixture evenly over each lavash or tortilla.
- Roll each one up tightly like a jelly-roll and secure with a toothpick.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Cut each roll into ⅜-inch thick slices.
- Arrange cut side up on a serving platter.
- Top each pinwheel with a small sprig of fresh dill, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like smoked salmon pinwheels you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!