Very tasty. Nicely spiced. Excellent as is, or kick ’em up a notch by topping these mini bean and cheese bites off with a little salsa or guacamole.
Mini bean ‘n cheese bites will be a big hit with guests and they also make great after school treats. Get all the flavors of a bean and cheese burrito in a bite-sized snack.
Oh yeah, let’s not forget about Sunday football game time snacks either, where these mini bites will be a welcomed addition.
The Skinny on Mini Bean and Cheese Bites
Did you know that these light and flaky mini phyllo shells have 0 grams trans fat and no cholesterol per serving? And two mini empty shells have only 30 calories.
These bean and cheese bites have just 75 calories per serving (3 pieces) and 2* Weight Watchers PointsPlus®.
Optional garnishes: guacamole, salsa
First there were BFF’s… Now there’s BCB’s (Bean & Cheese Bites)!
Mini Bean and Cheese Bites
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans - we used Rosarita Vegetarian
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Cheese - we used Swiss Garlic & Herb
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 one 15-piece box Athens mini phyllo dough shells
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Add refried beans, cheese, cumin and chili powder to a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Distribute bean mixture evenly among the phyllo cups - about one rounded teaspoon
- Place filled cups on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until mixture is hot and shells are golden brown, about 15 minutes. (We cooked ours in a toaster oven at 375F and they were done in about 8 minutes)
- Cool slightly, serve and enjoy.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints for Mini Bean and Cheese Bites calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Source: Hungry Girl
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!