Welcome to my Weight Watchers Friendly Weekly Recipe and Link Roundup
Encouragement and inspiration are critical whenever you’re trying to change your habits. This is especially true when the habits involve eating better, losing weight and creating a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Sticking with the slow and steady sensible balanced approach to lasting change can seem dull and out of step when everywhere you look people seem to be swinging between overindulgent excess and extreme deprivation based diets.
Here’s what I’ve got for you this week…
WW Weekly Topic: Don’t Fall for These Common Exercise Myths
Replace common exercise myths – like I need to join a gym, I don’t have time, It costs too much – with 10 Truths About Exercise that will help you get moving!
On Simple-Nourished-Living This Week
2-Ingredient WW Pineapple Angel Food Cake – One of the most popular recipes here on Simple Nourished Living, recently republished with new photos and a video.
Instant Pot Quinoa – If you’re too busy and don’t have time to watch over Stovetop Quinoa, you can make perfect quinoa easily and effortlessly in the InstantPot Pressure Cooker. Each and every time with no mess, no fuss, no boiling over!
Denice S. Success Story – In the past 3 years she has lost over 200 pounds while completely re-making her life. I love her advice to embrace your mistakes and show up even if it hurts.
This Week Previous Years
- WW Freestyle Friendly Casseroles (2018)
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon (2017)
- Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad for Two (2016)
- Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Pot Roast (2015)
Five Most Popular Posts This Week
- My New WW 2020 Program Changes Rumors & Social Buzz
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Mini Muffins
- Olive Garden Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
- Slim & Healthy Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 100 WW Friendly CrockPot Recipes
Meal Planning: On My Menu Next Week
After years of trial and error, I discovered that mapping out a rough outline of meals for the coming week is one of the most important things I can do for an easier, less stressful, more successful week.
This Week’s Meal Plan Suggestions:
- Corn Chowder, Salad, Crusty Bread
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili
- Curried Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime & Garlic, Rice & Peas
- WW Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots
- Baked Sweet Potato Stuffed with Leftover Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili and salad
Tired of trying to decide what to cook?
If you are struggling with meal planning here are 3 great meal planning resources to help:
- My Month of Meal Month of Meal Plans eBook
- My WW Friend Kristen’s Slender Kitchen Meal Planning Made Easy Program
- My WW friend Alisha’s 12 Week eCookbook and Meal Planner and Table for Two Meal Planner and eCookbook
Weekly Weight Loss Devotional
I love devotionals. I’ve been reading them daily for years and recently felt the call to begin sharing a weekly devotional specific to weight loss with you here.
Reading the same devotional over and over every day for at least a week, until I have it committed to memory is powerful. The positive words soak into every part of my being refreshing me and giving me strength.
This week’s topic: Perspective
Easy Healthy WW Friendly Recipes & Links I Bookmarked Week:
This Guide to Peace for Anyone with A Crazy Mixed Up Mind is just what my overactive, overcritical mind needed to read this week.
Caramel Apple Slow Cooker Dump Cake – If a gooey caramel apple pie and a rich spice cake jumped into a slow cooker together you’d end up with a dessert like this, but thanks to Hungry Girl, the results are much lower in calories than that craziness would be.
These easy 5-ingredient Chicken and Bean Enchiladas are a simple, filling and healthy weeknight dinner that will be a hit with the whole family.
Have a wonderful weekend!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
My 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss eCourse and eBook may be just what you are looking for.
Over four weeks, you'll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.You'll lay the groundwork to create a health promoting empowering lifestyle that supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation.
"Hi Martha - I purchased your 28-Day Smart Start Challenge and I love it!!" I don't know how to thank you." ~ Debra S.
"Hi Martha, I bought your Slow Cooker eBook Bundle today... I have been skimming through them and it comes to me just how much work you have put into this and just what a bargain I got!! I want to thank you for all you do and I am excited to begin your 28-Day Smart Start - Day 1 is tomorrow! "
~ Robin B.
"Martha - My biggest a-ha moment was when I joined your 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge. It helped me look at life and weight loss realistically! " ~ Cathy
"I know you are very busy, but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your encouraging emails. I am really inspired again to eat healthy and lose some weight. I love your 28-day course and all your recipes, tips and hints. My husband loves everything we have tried so far. A big thank you!! " ~ Sandy M.
More WW Weekly Recipes and Round-Ups
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: November 2, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 26, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 19, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 12, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 5, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: September 28, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: September 21, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: September 14, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: January 26, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: February 3, 2018
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!