Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Meatloaf
This healthy Weight Watchers meatloaf might just be my new favorite meat loaf!
I decided it was time to get back to basics last night and serve up some meat and potatoes. Rod is a good sport about everything I cook and never complains.
But he’s a midwest born-and-raised guy who prefers his food simple and straightforward.
Instead of going with what has become my standard meat loaf – the Paula Deen Meat Loaf recipe (which is tasty but has 9 PointsPlus), I wanted to try something new. After checking out a few options, I decided on this healthy Weight Watchers meatloaf from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
The Skinny on Weight Watchers Meatloaf
Chopping all the vegetables requires a little extra work, but I think it was worth it. (I find chopping kinda therapeutic, but you could always speed up the process by using a food chopper or processor.)
This meat loaf bakes up moist and delicious thanks to the addition of lots of finely chopped vegetables and turns out 4 very generous 6 PointsPlus/6 SmartPoints servings. And it works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (7% or less)
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, plus more for brushing on top
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 4-1/2 x 8-1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetables in the bowl and mix well. Press the meatloaf into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes. Brush additional ketchup on top of the loaf, if desired. Cook until done, an additional 30 to 45 minutes. (An instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should read 160 F degrees.)
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.
Source: Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Weight Watchers Meat Loaf Recipes:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.