Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Meatloaf
This healthy Weight Watchers meatloaf might just be my new favorite meat loaf!
I decided it was time to get back to basics last night and serve up some meat and potatoes. Rod is a good sport about everything I cook and never complains.
But he’s a midwest born-and-raised guy who prefers his food simple and straightforward.
Instead of going with what has become my standard meatloaf – Paula Deen’s Meat Loaf recipe, I wanted to try something new. After checking out a few options, I decided to try the healthy Weight Watchers meatloaf recipe from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
The Skinny on Weight Watchers Meatloaf
Chopping all the vegetables requires a little extra work, but I think it was worth it. I find chopping kinda therapeutic, but you could always speed up the process by using a food chopper or food processor.
This meat loaf bakes up moist and delicious thanks to the addition of lots of finely chopped vegetables and turns out 4 very generous *6 PointsPlus/*6 SmartPoints servings.
And it works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique.
For a fun variation, you could bake your meat loaf mix in muffin cups like Hungry Girl did here in this great video…
And create delicious variations too…
WW Meat Loaf Variations
BBQ Cheeseburger Meat Loaf: Add 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese to the meat loaf mixture and substitute favorite BBQ sauce for the ketchup.(9 SmartPoints)
Italian Meat Loaf with Roasted Red Peppers: Add 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers (not packed in oil) to the mushroom mixture in step 1. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil to the meat meat loaf mixture. (7 SmartPoints)
Spinach-Feta Meat Loaf: Add 10 ounces thawed frozen chopped spinach (drained and squeezed dry) and 1/2 cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese to the meat loaf mixture. (7 SmartPoints)
If you liked this Weight Watchers meat loaf recipe you’ll want to check out: Skinny Mini Meatloaf Muffins, Weight Watchers Turkey Meat Loaf with Quinoa & Zucchini, WW Homestyle Slow Cooker Meatloaf, Slim & Healthy Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole, Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew and Skinny 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joes
My favorite meat loaf recipe, healthy and delicious that can be varied all kinds of ways. Just 6 SmartPoints and works with Simply Filling/No Count Technique.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (7% or less)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2 large egg whites (I use 1 whole egg instead)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (plus more for brushing on top)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (not ground thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 teaspoon minced fresh)
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 4-1/2 x 8-1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetables in the bowl and mix well. Press the meatloaf into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes. Brush additional ketchup on top of the loaf, if desired. Cook until done, an additional 30 to 45 minutes. (An instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should read 160 F degrees.)
Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *6
Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *6
- Spinach-Feta Meat Loaf: Add 10 ounces thawed frozen chopped spinach (drained and squeezed dry) and 1/2 cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese to the meat loaf mixture. (7 SmartPoints)
- BBQ Cheeseburger Meat Loaf: Add 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese to the meat loaf mixture and substitute favorite BBQ sauce for the ketchup .(9 SmartPoints)
- Italian Meat Loaf with Roasted Red Peppers: Add 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers (not packed in oil) to the mushroom mixture in step 1. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil to the meat meat loaf mixture. (7 SmartPoints)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy + Healthy Meatloaf Recipes for Weight Watchers
Skinny Pizza Meatloaf (SkinnyKitchen)
Mashie-Topped Meatloaf Cupcakes (HungryGirl)
Bacon-Topped Petite Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce (SkinnyTaste)
Low-Calories Cheeseburger Meatloaf (SkinnyKitchen)
Buffalo Ranch Meatloaf (HungryGirl)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE eBook: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
An ecookbook with our most popular recipes!
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.