Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Mini Meatloaf Muffins
Have you ever made mini meatloaf muffins?
You just take your favorite meatloaf recipe and bake it in muffin tins and voila – meatloaf muffins!
My current favorite meatloaf has just 6 ingredients – it’s a modification of Lipton’s Souperior Meat Loaf made with a package of dry onion soup mix – a staple in my Mom’s pantry when I was growing up.
Using a package of soup mix ensures that your meat loaf will be full of flavor without all the work involved with peeling and chopping onions.
The Skinny on Mini Meatloaf Muffins
If you are a purist and prefer to not use onion soup mix, you can always make this WW Meatloaf Recipe and just bake it in muffin tins instead!
To make my meatloaf muffins a little skinnier and healthier, I use quick cooking oats instead of bread crumbs, egg whites instead of whole eggs, and diced tomatoes instead of water.
According to my calculations, these mini meatloaf muffins have 255 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Add some creamy low calorie mashed potatoes and peas or green beans to round out your dinner.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Meatloaf Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Meat Loaf Muffins Recipe
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 ounce envelope of dry Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- Extra ketchup for brushing on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except the extra ketchup, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 even portions and form these into balls. Lightly press the balls into 8 cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- Brush the tops of the "muffins" with ketchup, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops have browned and the meat loaves have cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like Skinny Mini Meatloaf Muffins, You Might Also Like:
This video demonstrates how to make another version of mini meatloaf muffins—clean and delicious meatloaf muffins with ground turkey:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!