WW Recipe of the Day: Turkey Meatloaf with Quinoa & Zucchini
(185 calories | *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I love meat loaf! There is lots to love.
It is easy to make, good hot, cold, or at room temperature, and can be made ahead.
It’s homey home cooking at its best.
My go-to recipe when using ground beef is this Weight Watchers Meatloaf. Flavorful and packed with veggies, I’ve made it dozens of times.
Recently a Weight Watchers turkey meatloaf recipe, featured in Weight Watchers Love It, Cook It, Eat It cookbook, caught my eye.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Turkey Meatloaf
I think Laurie would have considered this meatloaf very lovable. We did!
Made with quinoa, instead of bread crumbs, it’s gluten-free. Shredded zucchini adds moisture and flecks of color.
Chopped onion, parsley, Italian seasoning and chili sauce provide the flavor.
Another winning Weight Watchers recipe, each generous slice has just *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW SmartPoints and works with Simply Filling.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Making Gluten-Free Turkey Meatloaf with Zucchini & Quinoa
Quinoa grows with a bitter protective coating called saponin. Be sure to Give it a good rinse in a fine mesh sieve before cooking it, unless yours says it’s pre-washed.
Chili sauce is a condiment made with chili peppers and tomato. You can usually find it in the grocery store near the ketchup, or just substitute ketchup instead.
If you’ve made this Low Fat Turkey Meatloaf, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Turkey Meatloaf with Quinoa & Zucchini Recipe
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed to remove some of the moisture (about 1 cup)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (I used 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, line the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with foil. Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl. Add the egg whites, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup chili sauce, salt and pepper. Add the turkey and quinoa and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking pan. Shape it into a 5 x 11-inch rectangle loaf. Brush the remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce evenly over the loaf.
- Bake until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf reads 165F degrees, about 50 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest at least 5 minutes so it's easier to cut. Cut into 6 even pieces.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Meatloaf Recipes You Might Like:
- Skinny Mini Meatloaf Muffins
- WW Classic Homestyle Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Easy Healthy Weight Watchers Meatloaf
- Paula Deen’s Meatloaf
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!