WW Recipe of the Day: Roasted Cabbage Wedges
(50 calories | 1 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you are less than thrilled by boiled green cabbage why not try roasting it?
Rather than getting soft and soggy it turns tender, browned and crunchy, though you would never know it from my above photo.
I snapped a shot before roasting, but once it came out of the oven it was too dark to get a decent shot, so I guess you’ll just have to take my word for it.
Sorry about that!
I’ve long been a fan of roasted vegetables but had never considered roasting cabbage until I came across a recipe several years ago in one of Molly Katzen’s cookbooks – I think it was Mollie Katzen’s Vegetable Heaven: Over 200 Recipes for Uncommon Soups, Tasty Bites, Side Dishes, and Too Many Desserts .
These days roasted cabbage is all the rage, with recipes and photos all over the web.
And why not? It’s simple, easy, healthy and delicious.
The Skinny on Roasted Cabbage Wedges
All you do is cut the cabbage into wedges or slices, brush or spray it with olive oil, sprinkle on a little salt and fresh ground pepper and bake in a 400F degree oven until browned and tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
What could be simpler? Or a better Weight Watchers Points value?
The only points come from the olive oil so brush lightly or spray with a Misto.
How Many Calories/WW Points in Roasted Cabbage?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 50 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Oven Roasted Green Cabbage Wedges, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the cabbage into 1-1/2-inch thick wedges, removing the core.
- Brush the wedges with olive oil and place on prepared baking sheet. Try to keep the pieces from falling apart, but if they do start to separate a bit it's fine).
- Sprinkle the cabbage with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Roast, turning once, until crispy and browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cabbage Recipes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Skinny Leftover Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Shredded Cabbage Soup
- Slow Cooker Bean and Cabbage Soup
- Weight Watchers Apple Slaw
- Quick & Easy Low Fat Asian Slaw with Pineapple
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!