Welcome to my Weight Watchers Friendly Weekly Recipe and Link Roundup
Encouragement and inspiration are critical whenever you’re trying to change your habits. This is especially true when the habits involve eating better, losing weight and creating a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Sticking with the slow and steady sensible balanced approach to lasting change can seem dull and out of step when everywhere you look people seem to be swinging between overindulgent excess and extreme deprivation based diets.
Here’s what I’ve got for you this week…
WW Weekly Topic: 4 Helpful Questions
It’s human to fall short of the goals we set for ourselves. The key is to learn from these experiences. Here are useful questions you can ask yourself the next time you fall short of your best intentions:
- How did you feel when you set your goal?
- How did you feel when it came time to act on your goal?
- What’s different about these two situations?
- How can I change my goal to make it more achievable?
On Simple-Nourished-Living This Week
Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Puttanesca
Boneless, skinless chicken topped with tomatoes, garlic, olives, and capers and cooked in the CrockPot until tender. This is an easy, healthy, low carb, flavor packed recipe that was an immediate hit with everyone who’s tried it.
3-Ingredient Sugar Free Apple Almond Cookies
These easy almond apple cookies have only 3 ingredients and mix together in minutes. The recipe makes a nice small batch of 12 cookies—perfect for small families or anyone cooking for one or two.
WW Apple “Fries” with Creamy Low Fat Peanut Butter Dip
If you like fresh apple slices smeared with peanut butter, then you’ll love this lightened up version of cinnamon apple “fries” with creamy peanut butter dip from Weight Watchers.
Melissa E’s Weight Loss Success Story
Melissa has lost more than 70 pounds since committing to making herself a priority. Read on to learn more about the specifics of how she has accomplished this impressive change.
This Week Previous Years
- 31 Slow Cooker Recipes Perfect for “Crocktober” (2018)
- Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli (2017)
- Easy Chai Pumpkin Crock Pot Soup (2016)
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Muffins (2015)
Five Most Popular Posts This Week
- My New WW 2020 Program Changes Rumors & Social Buzz
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Mini Muffins
- 50+ Favorite WW Freestyle Recipes
- 100 WW Friendly CrockPot Recipes
- WW Pumpkin Mousse Fluff
Meal Planning: On My Menu Next Week
After years of trial and error, I discovered that mapping out a rough outline of meals for the coming week is one of the most important things I can do for an easier, less stressful, more successful week.
This Week’s Healthy Meal Planning Suggestions:
- Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Shrimp with Olive Oil and Garlic, Rice and Vegetable
- Shredded Cabbage Soup with Simple Irish Soda Bread
- Breakfast for Dinner:4-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes (Slender Kitchen)
- Beefy Penne Pasta (MPM 12-Week eCookbook and Meal Planner)
Tired of trying to decide what to cook?
If you are struggling with meal planning here are 3 great meal planning resources to help:
- My Month of Meal Month of Meal Plans eBook.
- My WW Friend Kristen’s Slender Kitchen Meal Planning Made Easy Program
- My WW friend Alisha’s 12 Week eCookbook and Meal Planner and Table for Two Meal Planner and eCookbook
Weekly Weight Loss Devotional
I love devotionals. I’ve been reading them daily for years and recently felt the call to begin sharing a weekly devotional specific to weight loss with you here.
Reading the same devotional over and over every day for at least a week, until I have it committed to memory is powerful. The positive words soak into every part of my being refreshing me and giving me strength.
This week’s topic: Positive Self-Talk
Easy Healthy WW Friendly Recipes & Links I Bookmarked Week:
Curious about WW SmartPoints values for you favorite Halloween Candy? Here’s a great WW Guide to Halloween Candy you’ll want to check out.
What do you eat when you are on the go a lot and/or don’t want to cook, here’s a WW Friendly 7-Day No Cook Meal Plan with lots of good ideas.
Have a wonderful weekend!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
My 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss eCourse and eBook may be just what you are looking for.
Over four weeks, you'll begin establishing habits and routines that you can stick with forever.You'll lay the groundwork to create a health promoting empowering lifestyle that supports you in being the best version of you without guilt, shame or deprivation.
"Hi Martha - I purchased your 28-Day Smart Start Challenge and I love it!!" I don't know how to thank you." ~ Debra S.
"Hi Martha, I bought your Slow Cooker eBook Bundle today... I have been skimming through them and it comes to me just how much work you have put into this and just what a bargain I got!! I want to thank you for all you do and I am excited to begin your 28-Day Smart Start - Day 1 is tomorrow! "
~ Robin B.
"Martha - My biggest a-ha moment was when I joined your 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge. It helped me look at life and weight loss realistically! " ~ Cathy
"I know you are very busy, but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your encouraging emails. I am really inspired again to eat healthy and lose some weight. I love your 28-day course and all your recipes, tips and hints. My husband loves everything we have tried so far. A big thank you!! " ~ Sandy M.
More WW Weekly Recipes and Round-Ups
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 26, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 19, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 12, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: October 5, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: September 28, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: September 21, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: September 14, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: January 26, 2019
- WW Recipes and Helpful Links: February 3, 2018
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!