Welcome to my Weight Watchers Friendly Weekly Recipe and Link Roundup
Encouragement and inspiration are critical whenever you’re trying to change your habits. This is especially true when the habits involve eating better, losing weight and creating a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Sticking with the slow and steady sensible balanced approach to lasting change can seem dull and out of step when everywhere you look people seem to be swinging between overindulgent excess and extreme deprivation based diets.
Here are this week’s hand-picked selections, as well as the most popular recipes on Simple Nourished Living this week. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes & Links I Bookmarked Week:
Cheesy Italian Rice Skillet (6SP) – One pot meal full of vegetables, beef, rice, and flavor, with leftovers that taste even better the next day. (Daily Dose of Pepper)
75 Delicious Weight Watchers Freestyle Recipes – Katie has assembled a collection of Delicious Weight Watchers FreeStyle Recipes which includes her favorites, along with some from fellow bloggers. All with 7 SmartPoints or less. (You Brew My Tea)
Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage and Spinach (6SP) – A hearty soup combining Italian sausage, tomatoes, broth and tortellini to warm you inside and out (Recipe Diaries)
Chick Pea Salad (2SP) – This chickpea salad recipe is great for winter when it is hard to find fresh vegetables depending on where you live. I think I’d make this salad even easier by skipping the cooked onion and garlic and instead sprinkling on one of my favorite seasonings of the moment, Penzeys granulated roasted garlic.
Healthy Egg Roll Noodle Bowl (6SP) – This noodle bowl has all the fabulous flavors of an egg roll, stir-fried in a pan, then loaded up with brown rice noodles, making it gluten free! (SkinnyKitchen)
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili (0SP) – Zero Point Spicy Chicken Chili that’s made in the slow cooker couldn’t be easier to make and is really delicious. With just enough spice, plenty of veggies, and lean ground chicken you will love all the flavor without any guilt. (Slender Kitchen)
Weight Watchers Friendly Videos I Bookmarked this Week:
Easy 3-Ingredient Spinach & Feta Frittata Video from Jules at The Stone Soup To keep this frittata WW Friendly, simply decrease the amount of Feta Cheese. On the WW Freestyle Plan eggs and spinach are have Zero (0) SmartPoints. 1 ounce feta (3SP). 1 ounce reduced fat feta (2SP):
Weight Watchers Freestyle Meal Prep Video (1/14/18):
On The Menu:
- Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sauteed Onions, Peppers and Mushrooms
- Yogurt Parfaits
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli
The Skinny on Weight Loss Sisters Week #106 Video
Notes from the video:
- Kelly lost 2.4 pounds this week.
- Kim lost 3 pounds after gaining last week.
- They both feel they are doing well adjusting to the new Freestyle plan.
- Kim feels like the reason for her success was drinking lots of water.
- Cognizant of not eating too many eggs and bananas. Know your culprits.
- In no way felt hungry even though they don’t tap into their weekly points unless necessary.
- Mason jars for portioning out meals for lunch and/or dinner.
- Don’t like to cook but have transitioned through the years because it is necessary and have learned to enjoy the process of finding things they like. They are cooking more.
- They have ordered an InstantPot.
- The best thing about tracking is the ability to look for trends or common food that you ate a lot that might have negatively affected your weight loss.
- It’s a lot of trial and error.
- Moderation is key. Try not have too much any one thing in a day.
- If you are struggling with Freestyle, just keep at it. Commit to tracking if you are struggling. It gives you a view of what you are doing. It’s information. It’s knowledge. Track. Track. Track.
Yoga For Neck Pain Video: In this “Yoga for Neck Pain” video, Esther Ekhart shows you a Yoga routine to help you keep the neck flexible and release tensions, pain and stress in the neck and upper back.
If you, like me, spend too much time sitting at a computer, I thnk you’ll love these neck stretches that can be done in less than 5 minutes…
Five (5) of the Most Popular Recipes on Simple-Nourished-Living This Week:
WW Homestyle Meatloaf (6SP)
3-2-1 Mug Cake (3SP)
New Recipes Added to Simple-Nourished-Living:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Inspiring Food, Health & Happiness WW Link Roundup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!