(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 58)
Now that we are in the homestretch towards Thanksgiving, I’m trying to keep things extra easy in the kitchen and use up leftovers to make space in the fridge for what’s to come.
That’s where this slow cooker baked bean soup comes in.
So, I adapted the recipe slightly, turning it into a slow cooker baked bean soup.
Served with simple nachos, made with sweet potato tortilla chips and jalapeno jack cheese, this slow cooker baked bean soup made a deliciously satisfying supper.
- 2 cups baked beans
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2½ cups water
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- I used my 2-Quart slow cooker but a 3 or 4-Quart should work too.
- Put the baked beans, onion, celery, tomatoes, water and chili powder in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for for to 6 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Leave as is, or for a slightly thicker soup, use your potato masher to mash some of the beans, until you achieve desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you liked slow cooker baked bean soup you might also like:
Slow Cooker Ham Split Pea Soup
Slow Cooker Simply Filling Bean and Cabbage Soup
Slow Cooker Squash Apple Soup
Slow Cooker Baked Bean Soup (A Year of Slow Cooking)
Slow Cooker White Bean Soup (Budget Bytes)
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker baked bean soup calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.