Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken
Light and luscious, this tangy spinach florentine soup with chicken from Weight Watchers SmartPoints Cookbook, calls for just a handful of ingredients and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
It may not be the prettiest soup ever, but what it lacks in looks it makes up for in flavor.
A simple and quick soup that not only tastes good, but is also good for you with only one Weight Watchers SmartPoint.
What’s not to love?
Learn more about Weight Watchers Freestyle in this brief video:
How Many SmartPoints are in this Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken?
Each serving (about 1-1/4 cups) of this tasty satisfying Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken has just 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoint. With the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Program all of the ingredients in this recipe except the orzo are zero points foods.
Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken Recipe Notes
- This soup calls for chopped cooked chicken breast. I like to keep cooked chicken breast on hand, either in the fridge or freezer, for quick and easy meals. You could always substitute rotisserie chicken breast.
- You will also need 1/2 cup orzo or some other small pasta shape cooked according to package directions just until it is al dente, with a bit of chew left so it isn’t mushy in your soup.
- The broth and spinach are pureed before adding the cooked chicken and orzo. Using an immersion blender makes this super quick and easy. If you don’t have one you can always use your regular blender instead.
- Lemon juice is important for brightening up this soup and giving it its tang, so don’t skip it.
- To increase the protein and add more creaminess, top each serving of soup with a dollop or two of fat-free Greek yogurt.
How Do I Make This Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken?
This simple soup comes together in minutes with just 3 easy steps…
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
Return the spinach mixture to the saucepan and add the pasta, chicken, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until hot, about 5 minutes more.
If you liked the looks of this tangy spinach florentine soup recipe be sure to check out: Easy Sausage Spinach Wild Rice Soup, WW Greek Frittata with Spinach and Feta, Skinny Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta, Baked Fish with Spinach, Orange Spinach Salad, Spinach Quiche, Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip Soup, Lightened Up Crock Pot Spinach Spoon Bread, Sausage, Cherry Tomato, Spinach Pasta and Spinach Feta Crustless Quiche
Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orzo, cooked according to package directions (or other small shape pasta)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch or two of ground nutmeg to taste
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Add the chicken broth and puree the mixture either right in the saucepan with an immersion (stick) blender or in batches in a traditional blender.
- Return the spinach broth mixture to the saucepan and add the pasta, chicken, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until hot, about 5 minutes more.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Spinach Recipes from Other Weight Watchers Recipe Sites…
Makeover Spinach Gratin (SkinnyTaste)
Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pizza (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Spinach Beef Lasagna Roll Ups (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Skinny Spinach and Feta Vegetarian Casserole (SkinnyKitchen)
Creamy Spinach Polenta (SlenderKitchen)
Skinny Spinach Artichoke Chicken (EmilyBites)
Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Healthy Creamed Spinach (HungryGirl)
Spinach & Egg White Omelet (EatYourselfSkinny)
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Spinach Tortellini Soup (LifeIsSweeterByDesign)
WW Instant Pot Spinach Lasagna (MyCrazyGoodLife)
Turkey Sausage and Spinach Mini Quiches (DashofHerbs)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!