WW Recipe of the Day: Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken
(210 calories | 3 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Light and luscious, this tangy spinach florentine soup with chicken from Weight Watchers The SmartPoints Cookbook , calls for just a handful of ingredients and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
It may not be the prettiest soup ever, but what it lacks in looks it makes up for in flavor.
A simple and quick soup that not only tastes good, but is also good for you with only one Weight Watchers (blue, purple) SmartPoint.
What’s not to love?
How Many SmartPoints are in this Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken?
Each serving (about 1-1/4 cups) of this tasty satisfying Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken has about 210 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
With the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Program all of the ingredients in this recipe, except the orzo, are zero points foods.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken Recipe Notes
- This soup calls for chopped cooked chicken breast. I like to keep cooked chicken breast on hand, either in the fridge or freezer, for quick and easy meals. You could always substitute rotisserie chicken breast.
- You will also need 1/2 cup orzo, or some other small pasta shape, cooked according to package directions just until it is al dente, with a bit of chew left so it isn’t mushy in your soup.
- The broth and spinach are pureed before adding the cooked chicken and orzo. Using an immersion blender makes this super quick and easy. If you don’t have one you can always use your regular blender instead.
- Lemon juice is important for brightening up this soup and giving it its tang, so don’t skip it.
- To increase the protein and add more creaminess, top each serving of soup with a dollop or two of fat-free Greek yogurt.
How Do I Make This Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken?
This simple soup comes together in minutes with just 3 easy steps…
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
Remove saucepan from the heat. Add the chicken broth and puree the mixture either right in the saucepan with an immersion (stick) blender (affiliate link) or in batches using a traditional blender .
Return the spinach mixture to the saucepan and add the pasta, chicken, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until hot, about 5 minutes more.
If you liked the looks of this tangy spinach florentine soup recipe be sure to check out: Easy Sausage Spinach Wild Rice Soup, WW Greek Frittata with Spinach and Feta, Skinny Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta, Baked Fish with Spinach, Orange Spinach Salad, Spinach Quiche, Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip Soup, Lightened Up Crock Pot Spinach Spoon Bread, Sausage, Cherry Tomato, Spinach Pasta and Spinach Feta Crustless Quiche
If you’ve made this low fat Spinach and Chicken Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Tangy Spinach Florentine Soup with Chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orzo, cooked according to package directions (or other small shape pasta)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch or two of ground nutmeg to taste
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Add the chicken broth and puree the mixture either right in the saucepan with an immersion (stick) blender or in batches in a traditional blender.
- Return the spinach broth mixture to the saucepan and add the pasta, chicken, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until hot, about 5 minutes more.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Spinach Recipes from Other Weight Watchers Recipe Sites…
- Makeover Spinach Gratin (SkinnyTaste)
- Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pizza (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Spinach Beef Lasagna Roll Ups (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Spinach and Feta Vegetarian Casserole (SkinnyKitchen)
- Creamy Spinach Polenta (SlenderKitchen)
- Skinny Spinach Artichoke Chicken (EmilyBites)
- Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Healthy Creamed Spinach (HungryGirl)
- Spinach & Egg White Omelet (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Spinach Tortellini Soup (LifeIsSweeterByDesign)
- WW Instant Pot Spinach Lasagna (MyCrazyGoodLife)
- Turkey Sausage and Spinach Mini Quiches (DashofHerbs)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!