Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Baked Fish with Spinach
(276 calories | 4 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Fish, spinach, and mushrooms baked in the oven until done and then drizzled with a simple Asian soy-sesame sauce. This Baked Fish with Spinach is one simple, easy, healthy and delicious low carb dinner that comes together in minutes.
All the credit for this clever simple and delicious baked fish recipe goes to Pam Anderson and her wonderful cookbook, The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great .
Skinny on Baked Fish with Spinach
I love how the fish and spinach bake altogether in a single pan while you stir together a simple tasty sauce. The only change I made was adding sliced mushrooms.
According to my calculations each serving has 276 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this Asian-spiced fish, be sure to check out my other WW friendly seafood recipes, including Summer Tuna and White Bean Salad, Low Carb Garlic Shrimp, , Easy Crock Pot Foil-Wrapped Fish and Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad
Skinny Baked Fish with Spinach & Asian Drizzle Recipe
- 1 pound prewashed spinach
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 fish fillets (6 ounces each) - (sole, cod, tilapia or red snapper)
Asian Soy Sesame Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Spray a large rimmed baking pan (18 x 12-inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- On the baking sheet, toss the spinach and mushrooms (if using) with 2 teaspoons of the canola oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- Place the fish fillets over the spinach and rub them with the remaining 2 teaspoons of the oil and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Place the pan on the bottom rack of the oven and turn the oven to 400F degrees. Bake until the fish is opaque and the spinach has wilted, 15 to 18 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, stir together the sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil red pepper flakes and sugar, until it is well blended.
- Remove the fish from the oven and drizzle the sauce over the fish and spinach.
- Serve immediately.
Source: adapted from The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked skinny baked fish with spinach and Asian drizzle you might also like:
- a href=”https://simple-nourished-living.com/roasted-shrimp-and-broccoli-recipe/”>Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli – easy, healthy and delicious with only 6 WW PointsPlus Value
- Shrimp Creole Recipe – easy and delicious with 9 WW PointsPlus Value
- Prosciutto Wrapped Cod – simple yet impressive baked cod recipe with just 5 WW PointsPlus Value
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!