Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Simple Baked Fish with Spinach
Fish, spinach, and mushrooms baked in the oven until done and then drizzled with a simple Asian soy-sesame sauce. This Baked Fish with Spinach is one simple, easy, healthy and delicious dinner that comes together in minutes.
All the credit for this simple yet impressive Baked Fish with Spinach and Asian Drizzle recipe goes to Pam Anderson and her wonderful cookbook, The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great .
Skinny on Simple Baked fish with Spinach
I love how the fish and spinach bake altogether in a single pan while you stir together a simple tasty sauce. The only change I made was adding sliced mushrooms.
According to my calculations each serving has 276 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
Under the revised Weight Watchers Freestyle Program, this is now just *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this simple baked fish, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Baked Fish with Spinach & Asian Drizzle Recipe
- 1 pound prewashed spinach
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 fish fillets (6 ounces each) - (sole, cod, tilapia or red snapper)
Asian Soy Sesame Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Spray a large rimmed baking pan (18 x 12-inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- On the baking sheet, toss the spinach and mushrooms (if using) with 2 teaspoons of the canola oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- Place the fish fillets over the spinach and rub them with the remaining 2 teaspoons of the oil and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Place the pan on the bottom rack of the oven and turn the oven to 400 degrees. Bake until the fish is opaque and the spinach has wilted, 15 to 18 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, stir together the sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil red pepper flakes and sugar, until it is well blended.
- Remove the fish from the oven and drizzle the sauce over the fish and spinach.
- Serve immediately.
Source: adapted from The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like skinny baked fish with spinach and Asian drizzle you might also like:
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli – easy, healthy and delicious with only *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Crock Pot Salmon Fillets – easy and delicious with *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Prosciutto Wrapped Cod – simple yet impressive baked cod recipe with just *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!