This simple prosciutto wrapped cod fish recipe is a favorite. It’s easy and delicious.
The recipe made its way to my inbox one afternoon while I was out shopping for dinner ingredients. I made it that night and several times since.
Skinny on Prosciutto Wrapped Cod
In addition to being quick and easy this prosciutto wrapped cod is delicious. Both Rod and I really enjoy the combination of prosciutto wrapped cod and lemony spinach.
Roasted asparagus makes a great side too.
According to my calculations each serving has 196 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus. Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *3 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this cod wrapped in prosciutto, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Recipe
- 4 skinless cod fillets (6 - 8 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto (2 - 4 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 - 4 bunches flat leaf spinach (2 - 2-1/2 pounds total) thick stems removed
- 2 lemons (1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the broiler, setting its rack 4 inches from the heat.
- Season cod with salt and pepper. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each cod fillet. Rub with 1 teaspoon of oil and place seam side down on a broiler-proof baking sheet.
- Broil until the prosciutto is browned and fish is opaque throughout. This should take 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. (I cooked ours about 10 minutes. The fish will continue to cook a bit more once you pull it from the broiler.)
- While the cod is broiling, cook the spinach. In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Fill the skillet with as much spinach as it will hold. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing and adding more spinach to the skillet, when there is space, until it is all wilted and tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle spinach with lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Serve cod with spinach and lemon wedges.
Source: Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like prosciutto wrapped cod you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!