WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Fillets
(196 calories | 4 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This simple prosciutto wrapped cod fish recipe is a favorite. It’s easy and delicious. Not to mention an elegant way to stay on track with your Weight Watchers points!
The recipe made its way to my inbox one afternoon while I was out shopping for dinner ingredients. I made it that night and several times since.
Skinny on Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Recipe Notes
In addition to being quick and easy this prosciutto wrapped cod is delicious. Both Rod and I really enjoy the combination of prosciutto wrapped cod and lemony spinach.
Parmesan roasted asparagus makes a great side too.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in Prosciutto Wrapped Cod?
According to my calculations each serving has 196 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this cod wrapped in prosciutto, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Recipe
- 4 skinless cod fillets (6 - 8 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices of lean prosciutto (2 - 4 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 - 4 bunches flat leaf spinach (2 - 2-1/2 pounds total) thick stems removed
- 2 lemons (1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the broiler, setting its rack 4 inches from the heat.
- Season cod with salt and pepper. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each cod fillet. Rub with 1 teaspoon of oil and place seam side down on a broiler-proof baking sheet.
- Broil until the prosciutto is browned and fish is opaque throughout. This should take 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. (I cooked ours about 10 minutes. The fish will continue to cook a bit more once you pull it from the broiler.)
- While the cod is broiling, cook the spinach. In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Fill the skillet with as much spinach as it will hold. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing and adding more spinach to the skillet, when there is space, until it is all wilted and tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle spinach with lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Serve cod with spinach and lemon wedges.
Source: Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food Magazine
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Fish Recipes for Weight Watchers
- 25 Skinny Tilapia Recipes
- Skinny Southern BBQ Shrimp
- Simple Baked Fish with Spinach and Asian Drizzle
- WW Honey Lime Salmon with Confetti Corn Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!