Weight Watchers Recipe Roundup: Skinny Tilapia Recipes
Here’s an easy baked tilapia recipe with lemon and capers that couldn’t be quicker, simpler or more delicious.
It comes together in less than 20 minutes. Perfect when you need a quick and easy dinner.
If you don’t usually cook baked fish but are trying to eat healthier, you might want to give this skinny baked tilapia with lemon and capers a try.
The lemon, garlic, caper flavor combination really is a winner.
We try to eat fish once or twice a week.
It’s healthy and low in SmartPoints. And we both really like it.
Did you know that on the old, original Weight Watchers Program (1960’s version), you were required to eat fish at least 5 times a week???
Weight Watchers has come a long way baby!!!
You never have to eat fish if you don’t want to, but just in case you do, I’ve searched the web and gathered dozens of diverse and delicious tilapia recipes from all my favorite Weight Watchers friendly recipe sites.
I’m looking forward to cooking and eating my way through the list!
Wanna join me?
Skinny Baked Tilapia with Lemon and Capers
This is a simple recipe that can be changed in many ways.
According to my calculations each serving of this skinny baked tilapia with lemon and capers has 172 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Baked Tilapia Recipe Variations
no tilapia? – substitute whatever fish you prefer. Cod, haddock, sole, flounder, trout, mahi mahi, salmon, etc.
no capers? – substitute chopped olives or skip them altogether
no lemon? – substitute white wine combined with 1-2 drops of pure lemon essential oil (much stronger so you only need a couple of drops)
no oregano? – substitute whatever seasoning you prefer. Dill, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic herb, cajun, Old Bay, etc.
This AllRecipes video shows how easy it is to make your own lemon garlic tilapia. It’s slightly different than the recipe below, using lemon juice, butter, fresh garlic, dried parsley, salt and pepper. It’s even easier with fewer ingredients. Though I didn’t calculate, I’d guesstimate that the SmartPoints would be about the same.
If you like this skinny baked tilapia, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Baked Fish with Spinach and Asian Drizzle, Crock Pot Salmon Fillets and Asian Vegetables, Cuban Style Fish, Baked Fish with Lemon and Herbs and Prosciutto Wrapped Cod.
A simple, healthy and delicious recipe that can be changed in many ways. According to my calculations, each serving of this skinny baked Tilapia with lemon and capers has *4 WW PointsPlus and *3 SmartPoints.
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Place tilapia fillets in an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Pour evenly over the fillets.
Sprinkle capers, oregano and paprika over tilapia fillets.
Bake, uncovered, at 425°F for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish fillets flake easily with a fork.
*4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
*3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
Source: adapted from Taste of Home
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s another video from Make Life Special with a quick and easy way to make baked tilapia. It calls for Old Bay Seasoning, Garlic Salt, Butter and lemon slices. To make this recipe more Weight Watchers friendly, I’d just cut back on the butter, using little dabs of it on the fillets, instead of big chunks.
More Tilapia Recipes from My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites:
- Artichoke Parmesan Tilapia, 177 calories, 3 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia, 200 calories, 5 PP, 3 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- BBQ Mango Tilapia, 197 calories, 5 PointsPlus (Hungry Girl)
- Braised Tilapia with Kale and Stewed Tomatoes, 330 calories, 8 PointsPlus (Green Lite Bites)
- Broiled Tilapia with Garlic, 197 calories, 4 PointsPlus (SkinnyTaste)
- Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan Cream Sauce, 220 calories, 6 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce, 225 calories, 6PP/3SP (SkinnyTaste)
- Broiled Tilapia with Tomato Caper Sauce, 257 calories, 6PP/3SP (SkinnyTaste)
- California-Style Tilapia Nachos, 264 calories, 7 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos, 319 calories, 8PP/6SP (SkinnyTaste)
- Crispy Baked Coconut Crusted Tilapia, 194 calories, 5PP/4SP (Dashing Dish)
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, 144 calories, 4PointsPlus (Green Lite Bites)
- Honey Lime Tilapia, 258 calories, 6PP/SP (Slender Kitchen)
- Indian Spiced Tilapia with Watermelon Salsa, 223 calories, 6PP/3SP (Simple Nourished Living)
- Lemon Ginger Tilapia, 237 calories, 6 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Mama Crosariol’s Delicious Tilapia 3 PointsPlus (Meal Planning Mommies)
- Mojito Tilapia, 104 calories, 3 PointsPlus (Green Lite Bites)
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, 189 calories, 5PP/4SP (Recipe Diaries)
- Parmesan Tilapia, 224 calories, 6 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Pecan Crusted Tilapia, 230 calories, 6 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Baked Tilapia, 185 calories, 4PP/5SP (SkinnyTaste)
- Skinny Blackened Tilapia, 195 calories, 4 SmartPoints (Skinny Kitchen)
- Sweet Lemony Fabulous Tilapia, 284 calories, 8 SmartPoints (Skinny Kitchen)
- Tilapia Stuffed with Spinach and Shallots, 218 calories, 5PP/4SP (Mother Rimmy’s)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
FREE eCookbook: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support, Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!