Here's an updated version of an easy family favorite. I love this recipe. With just 5 ingredients, these healthy chicken enchiladas verdes are easy yet flavorful and satisfying.
Made with low carb tortillas, light sour cream and reduced fat cheese they are low in calories and Weight Watchers Points too. Perfect when you are craving the flavors of Mexican food, but not all the fat and calories!
How Many Calories and WW Points in Easy Healthy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes?
According to my calculations, each serving has 281 calories.
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Step 1: Gather and prepare your ingredients:
- 16 ounces salsa verde (or your favorite salsa)
- 1-½ cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese or a Mexican cheese blend
- 4 8-inch high fiber, low carb tortillas such as Xtreme Ole Wellness brand
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare your baking dish.
Step 3: Prepare your enchilada filling.
Step 4: Fill the enchiladas and place in the pan. Top with more salsa.
Step 5: Bake until bubbly. Top with remaining cheese and bake until melted.
Recipe Notes, Variations and Substitutions
This recipe calls for 1-½ cups cooked chicken, so it's the kind of recipe I love to make when I have leftover chicken sitting in the fridge.
Cooked ground beef or ground turkey would also be good.
No Light Sour Cream?
Substitute plain Greek yogurt saving calories and WW Points in the process.
No Salsa Verde?
Substitute your favorite salsa. These are good with red salsa too.
No Low Carb Tortillas?
To make these enchiladas more authentic and gluten-free, substitute 8 (4-inch) corn tortillas instead.
Add chile powder and/or hot sauce to the chicken mixture.
These enchiladas would be lovely topped with a little chopped green or white onion and fresh cilantro.
For a light yet satisfying dinner I like to serve these enchiladas alongside a green salad such as:
- Cheap & Easy Tossed Green Salad
- Simple Arugula Salad with Sunflower Seeds and Parmesan
- Shredded Romaine Salad with Dill
- Orange Spinach Salad
Ways to Use Leftovers
These enchiladas are just as delicious reheated in the microwave . You can also freeze them in individual portions for future quick and easy meals.
If you've made this Easy Healthy Recipe for Chicken Enchiladas, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Healthy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa verde (I used Trader Joes brand)
- 1-½ cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
- 4 8-inch low carb, high fiber tortillas (I used Ole Xtreme Wellness Brand)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread ½ cup of the salsa verde in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together ¼ cup of the salsa, the sour cream, chicken and ¼ cup of the cheese in a large bowl until well combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining salsa over the filled tortillas.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe source: Adapted from this Campbell's Pace recipe.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these 5-Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas, you might also like
- Easy Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
- Healthy Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Tacos
- WW Turkey Spinach Goat Cheese Enchiladas
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!