I’ve come across a couple of great lists of healthy snacks with SmartPoints® for Weight Watchers I wanted to share….
Photo Credit: Meal Planning Mommies
My friend Alisha, is a relatively new Weight Watcher who shares details of her journey along with Weight Watchers friendly meal plans on her blog, Meal Planning Mommies.
I love the resources she is compiling to help herself and other Weight Watchers be successful. A few weeks ago I shared a great Fast Food Survival Guide with SmartPoints for Weight Watchers she had compiled.
Well, she’s done it again with a great list of Snacks with 4 SmartPoints or Less.
As I explained way back in 2014 when I compiled this list of 24 Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss, when you are desperate to lose weight, it’s tempting to see how long you can go without eating.
Unfortunately, it’s an idea that can backfire on you big time if you end up getting over-hungry and inhaling too much of whatever you can get your hands on.
That’s where healthy snacks come in.
I’m not talking about mindless munching on junk. The key is to be strategic with your snacking to keep your hunger at bay, your blood sugar level and your thinking clear.
Smart Snacks for Weight Watchers with 4 SmartPoints or Less!
Some of my favorite snacks from her list include:
- 1/4 cup fat-free black bean dip with fresh veggies (1SP)
- 1 Boca Original vegan veggie burger (1 SP)
- Hard Boiled Egg (2SP)
- 22 Pistachios (2SP)
- 1 pear, 1 Weight Watcher string cheese and 7 almonds (2SP)
- 3 cups light microwave popcorn (2SP)
- Apple slices with 1 tablespoon peanut butter (3SP)
- 3 ounces shrimp with 2 tablespoons cocktail sauce (3SP)
- 35 Plantar’s Dry Roasted Peanuts (4SP)
- A slice of reduced-calorie whole wheat bread toasted with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and banana slices (4SP)
I also came across this great graphic of favorite low calorie real food snacks to really satisfy your hunger, all with about 100 calories (I went ahead and calculated the SmartPoints® too!)
Image Credit: SparkPeople
1. Two tablespoons whipped light cream cheese spread onto 2 slices of lean ham and rolled up like logs (4 SmartPoints®)
2. Two celery stalks, sliced into strips and dipped in 2 tablespoons guacamole (2 SmartPoints®)
3. 3 ounces cooked shrimp dipped into 1 tablespoons cocktail sauce (2 SmartPoints®)
4. One ounce of goat cheese spread on 1/2-cup of cucumber slices (3 SmartPoints®)
5. Hard Boiled Egg, sliced and sprinkled with salt, pepper and your favorite seasoning (2 SmartPoints®)
6. One-half cup fat-free cottage cheese topped with 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries or strawberries (2 SmartPoints®)
7. One cup of your favorite broth-based soup brightened up with a squeeze of fresh lemon (1 to 4 SmartPoints®)
8. One medium tomato sliced and topped with one ounce of fresh mozzarella, salt and pepper and drizzled with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (4 SmartPoints®)
9. One small whole-wheat tortilla topped with two tablespoons of fat-free bean dip and sprinkled with a two tablespoons of low-fat cheddar cheese (4 SmartPoints®)
10. One slice of roasted turkey breast wrapped up with one slice of light Swiss cheese (2 SmartPoints®)
11. One cup diced watermelon with one ounce of reduced-fat feta cheese, a teaspoon of chopped fresh mint and a squeeze of fresh lime (2 SmartPoints®)
12. A half cup of plain yogurt topped with a drizzle of honey and three almonds, finely chopped (3 SmartPoints®)
13. Two celery stalks, cut into strips and dipped in 1/4 cup hummus (3 SmartPoints®)
14. One ounce of prosciutto wrapped around a wedge of cantaloupe or 1/2 cup of peach slices (3 SmartPoints®)
15. One and a half cups of mixed berries (0 SmartPoints®)
16. One cup of jicama slices dipped in 1/2 cup of fresh salsa (0 SmartPoints®)
17. Ten baby carrots dipped in 4 ounces 0% Greek yogurt, flavored with 1 teaspoon of ranch dressing mix (1 SmartPoints®)
18. One cup of sliced apples with one ounce low-fat cheddar cheese (1 SmartPoints®)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
What’s your favorite go-to snack when you want to get full on a low-calorie budget?
- Managing Evening Munchies
- Luna Fiber Bars Review
- Lighter Super Bowl Snack Ideas
- 7 Simple Healthy Late Night Snacks
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!