Pack a snack for weight loss success. It's one of those healthy habits worth building. In fact, Weight Watchers kicked off it's 360 program by focusing on having its members make it a habit to always pack a snack for weight loss success.
I've become pretty good about making sure that I've always got a healthy snack or two or three stashed in my purse. My current portable snacks of choice include:
- Apples (0 SmartPoints)
- Bananas (0 SmartPoints)
- Weight Watchers Light String Cheese (1 SmartPoint)
- Mini Babybel Light rounds (1 SmartPoint)
- Nuts (15 almonds = 3 SmartPoints) in this cute little nut tin...
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Why Is it Important to Pack a Snack for Weight Loss Success?
Knowing that your are armed with a healthy, satisfying snack helps to fortify your against the tempting high-calorie offerings that can appear at every turn and prevent you from swaying off track when hunger strikes. So there's never an excuse to grab a candy bar at the grocery store check out or pull into a fast food drive-through line.
One of the worst things you can do when you're trying to lose weight is get "too hungry." When you go too long without eating your blood sugar (glucose) dips which can make you feel tired, light-headed, shaky and crabby.
When you get to this point you are much more apt to make impulsive food choices, grabbing whatever is most convenient, which is never a good idea. And being overly hungry can lead to overeating when you finally do.
Small healthy snacks that include protein and fiber strategically eaten between meals can help keep your blood sugar even and energy levels high throughout the day.
- 24+ Healthy Snacks for Weight Watchers
- Smart Snacks with 4 SmartPoints or Less
- All About Built Bars: A WW Favorite
Talk about good reasons to pack a snack for weight loss success!
Other Healthy Snack for Weight Loss Ideas:
- Apple and Weight Watcher's Light Cheese Stick (1 SmartPoints value)
- Apple with 1 tablespoon peanut butter (3 SmartPoints value)
- Hard boiled egg and a pear (0 SmartPoints value)
- Hummus (2 tablespoons) and baby carrots (2 SmartPoints value)
- Half a Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich made with 1 Tablespoon peanut butter on 1 slice whole wheat bread (5 SmartPoints)
- Celery Sticks and 1 tablespoon peanut butter (3 SmartPoints value)
- Baby Carrots and a hard boiled egg (0 PointsPlus value)
- A banana and a 15 almonds (3 SmartPoints value)
- A portion controlled container of unsweetened applesauce and 15 almonds (3 SmartPoints value)
What Steps Do You Need to Take to Insure You Always Pack a Snack for Weight Loss Success?
Be sure to set yourself up for success by figuring out what steps you need to take to make it a habit to always have a healthy snack with you. These might include:
- Making a list of healthy snacks that you want to have on hand.
- Shopping for healthy snacks so they're on hand when you need them.
- Packing your healthy snacks every evening or during the weekend for all week.
- Putting a post it note on your purse/briefcase reminding yourself to grab the snack before you leave the house.
- Getting snacks prepped and portioned over the weekend. This might include washing your fruit and/or portioning carrots/celery/grapes into little snack bags.
With just a little smart planning, packing a snack can become as much a part of your life as brushing your teeth.
Do you usually pack a snack? If so, I would love you to share your favorite snacks with us.
- 7 Simple Healthy Late Night Snacks
- Managing the Munchies for Lasting Weight Loss Success
- 35 Easy Desserts with 3 WW SmartPoints or Less
The Eat This, Not That! No-Diet Diet: The World's Easiest Weight-Loss Plan!
Small Changes, Big Results, Revised and Updated: A Wellness Plan with 65 Recipes for a Healthy, Balanced Life Full of Flavor
Snack on This (Weight Watchers)
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!