Curious about how to eat out healthy on Weight Watchers? Wonder which restaurants have the best choices?
I found a great list of smart SmartPoints fast food choices for Weight Watchers today on the Meal Planning Mommies Blog that I wanted to share.
Alisha has compiled a great Fast Food Survival Guide for those on the Weight Watcher Smart Points program.
Once a week her husband brings her lunch at work and they sit and eat together.
Because she is doing Weight Watchers, she wanted to have a quick and easy Fast Food SmartPoints reference to help her make better choices.
So she lists a few of the options that are less than 10 Weight Watcher Smart Points for many popular fast food joints.
Note: This has been updated with new more sit down restaurants as well as WW Freestyle SmartPoints 🙂
When her husband texts her, asking what she wants for lunch, she refers to her list, rather than taking ten minutes to scroll through every option on the app.
The nice thing about this list is that you aren't having to weed through all the bad ideas to find the good ones.
Make the right choice before you have to make the choice! It's so much easier that way.
She also shared with him some of the things on this list to make life easier.
The other day he showed up with chicken noodle soup from Culver's, just 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
This was perfect!
She didn't have to take the mental energy to consider if a cheeseburger and fries would taste better or not, the healthy option was already made for her!
I eat a lot less fast food than I used to but sometimes, like when we are traveling it's the only choice available. I appreciate lists and survival guides like this that help take the guesswork out of making healthy choices.
The fast food restaurants on her list include:
- Arby's where I would choose the Jr. Roast Beef Sandwich (7SP)
- Burger King where I would choose the Whopper Junior w/0 mayo (7SP)
- Chick-Fil-A where my choice would be the Chicken Soup for (3SP) and Grilled Market Salad w/o dressing (1SP)
- Culver's where my choice would be the Garden Fresco Salad with Grilled Chicken (5SP)
- Fazoli's where I think I'd order the Chicken Penne and Peppers (10SP)
- Jimmy John's where I'd try the Country Club Lettuce Wrap (5SP)
- McDonald's where I'd go with the Southwest Chicken Salad (4SP)
- Noodle's and Company where I would have the Chinese Chicken Chop Salad, small (8 SP)
- Panera Bread where I'd have the Half Greek Salad with Chicken (6SP)
- Sonic where my choice would be the Grilled Chicken Salad (7SP)
- Taco Bell where I'd have a Fresco Soft Taco w/shredded chicken (3SP) & Fat Free Refried Beans (3SP)
- Wendy's where I would order the Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad (6SP)
The sit down restaurants on her expanded list include:
- Applebees where I would plan to enjoy the Southwest Steak and Black Bean Soup (2 SP) and House Salad w/ Fat-Free Italian Dressing (6 SP)
- Chili's where I'd get theLighter Choice/Guiltless Margarita Grilled Chicken (8 SP)
- Outback where I would have the Grilled Chicken on the Barbie with Fresh Seasonal Mixed veggies (8 SP)
- Red Lobster where my choice would be Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail (1 SP), Broiled Flounder (1 SP) and Fresh Broccoli (0 SP)
Click Here for the full Smart Restaurant & Fast Food Guide with 10 SmartPoints or Less from The Meal Planning Mommies
My Favorite Restaurant and Fast Food Choices with WW SmartPoints not on Alisha's List include:
- Cracker Barrel 6-pice Grilled Chicken Tenderloins (2SP), Turnip Greens (2SP), Lemon Pepper Grilled Rainbow Trout (2SP), Fresh Seasonal Fruit (0SP), Bowl of Pinto Beans (3SP), Carrots (2SP), Broccoli (0SP)
- Starbucks Egg White and Red Pepper Sous Vide Bites (1SP) & Tall Nonfat Cappuccino (2SP)
- Subway Fresh Fit 6-inch Turkey Sandwich (6SP) or Rotisserie Style Chicken Chopped Salad w/o dressing (0SP)
- Zoes Kitchen Chicken Orzo Soup (4SP), Braised White Beans (2SP), Lean Turkey Pita (8SP)
Weight Watchers Fast Food Guide Videos
What I Ate Today on WW Fast Food/Take Out Edition...
Breakfast: Starbucks Iced Americano with 3 Pumps Sugar Free Mocha, Sous Vide Egg White Bites with Hot Sauce (6SP)
Chick-Fil-A: Fruit Cup, Cool Wrap with No Dressing, Drizzle Fat Free Honey Mustard (8SP)
PokeHana: Seaweed Salad Spring Mix instead of rice with Spicy Tuna, Green Onion, Hana Sauce (14SP)
What I Ate on WW Lifetime...
Beverages: Coffee with fat free half and half (1SP), Teami Skinny Tea (0SP)
Snacks: Orange (0SP) Peanut Butter Banana Bites (1SP each)
Lunch: 6-inch Subway Roast Beef Sandwich (9SP)
Dinner: Subway Chopped Salad (4SP)
Snack: Wendy's Frosty (16SP)
Do you eat fast food? If you do, what are your SmartPoints fast food smart choices?
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Links for Eating Out Healthy in Restaurants for Weight Watchers:
7 Restaurants with WW Approved Menus (AllWomensTalk)
Weight Watchers Success While Eating Out (StockPilingMoms)
Weight Watchers Fast Food Restaurant Guide (DashofHerbs)
7 Best Weight Watchers Fast Food Restaurants (Penny Pincher Jenny)
Weight Watchers Fast Food Choices Under 10 SmartPoints (Midlife Healthy Living)
What a 24-Year-Old on Weight Watchers Eats: The Food Diaries (Washingtonian)
Friday Five: Weight Watchers & Healthy Fast Food Choices (Slender Kitchen)
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!