Welcome to my Weight Watchers Friendly Weekly Recipe and Link Roundup
Encouragement and inspiration are critical whenever you’re trying to change your habits.
This is especially true when the habits involve eating better, losing weight and creating a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Here are this week’s hand-picked selections, as well as the most popular recipes on Simple Nourished Living this week. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes & Links I Bookmarked Week
Smarter Eating in Five Simple Steps – Jumping into a healthy-eating routine can be daunting. Many people try to redo their entire lifestyle on January 1st and then give up a couple weeks into the new year. Forget the all-at-once approach, and check out this step-by-step guide to making smarter choices day by day! (I can’t believe how much this guide aligns with the philosophy and approach of my 28-Day Smart Start Challenge. (Hungry Girl)
How to Manage Stress, Anxiety and Depression without Binge Eating or Mindless Snacking – OYS writer Alexis from Trading Cardio for Cosmos, who has lost over 100 pounds while overhauling her relationship with food shares her favorite strategies for coping with life’s challenges without turing to food. (Organize Yourself Skinny)
Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chicken – This chicken recipe has a wonderful pepperoni pizza flavor. And with just 5 ingredients and 4 Weight Watcher Freestyle SmartPoints it is perfect for a quick dinner the entire family will love. (Skinny Kitchen)
Buffalo Chicken Dip – All the flavor of buffalo wings without messy hands! Perfect for your Super Bowl Party. Gina lightened this using low fat and fat free ingredients and suggests adjusting the heat to your liking. This is what I’m planning to bring to next Sunday’s Super Bowl gathering! (SkinnyTaste)
Weight Watchers Friendly Videos I Bookmarked this Week
Skinny Girl, Bethenny Frankel, demonstrates how to lighten up Pasta Carbonara with this light and healthy recipe renovation…
In this inspiring video Hailey shares how she has lost over 30 pounds on Weight Watchers…
Notes from the video:
- Not every diet works for everybody.
- She loves WW and the flexibility it gives her.
- She tried Whole 30 and low carb and they didn’t work. She felt too restricted.
- She has a totally different mindset and relationship with food now thanks to Weight Watchers and the freedom it provides here.
- She feels better and more confident in her body now. Something clicked in August. It’s a lifestyle now.
- You can do either meetings or on line. You also get an App for your phone. She finds the accountability of meetings important. So much motivation from other members and the leaders.
- She is now 10 pounds away from reaching her goal and achieving WW lifetime status. Then she can go to her meetings for free. Many lifetime members will tell you that maintaining can be ever more challenging than weight loss.
- All about the SmartPoints Plan. She weighs in on Saturday. Eat within points Sunday – Friday. Saturday she takes as a cheat day, eating whatever she wants instead of using her weeklies. This works for her right now, though she knows other WW who can’t do this.
- An example of a typical day on WW – Breakfast: 2 eggo waffles, or a bowl of grits, but often doesn’t eat breakfast. Lunch: Turkey and Cheese rollups or leftovers Snack: Crackers and grapes, Dinner: She cooks at home but keeps it really simple. Cheese Quesadillas, Soup and Grilled Cheese, etc. Dessert) 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake.
- Favorite WW Recipe sites: Drizzle Me Skinny, Emily Bites, SkinnyTaste (Find All their WW Friendly Recipes in our Amazing Recipe Search!!!
- She is amazed at how different she feels, how her relationship with food has changed for the better and how she often prefers healthier choices, like grilled chicken, even on her “cheat day.”
Five Popular Recipes on Simple-Nourished-Living This Week
Slim and Sassy Metabolic Blend
Choosing Change with Slim & Sassy – I’m not going to lie, it took me a while to appreciate Slim and Sassy Metabolic Blend Essential Oil. When I was introduced to it, the suggestion was to add it to my water or place drops under my tongue. My response was yuck! So put the bottle away and forgot about it. After talking more with Brenda and learning all the positive benefits she was getting from both the oil blend and gum, I decided to try again. Now I’m loving them because I am using them my way. I regularly begin my day applying Slim & Sassy Oil to my feet, breathing in its invigorating scent and I’m adding it to my diffuser. As a person who much prefers using oils externally for their aromatherapy benefits, I’m hooked. 🙂
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Inspiring Food, Health & Happiness WW Link Roundups
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!