Here’s my weekly healthy meal plan with Weight Watchers Recipes with Points Plus for next week. In addition to keeping me on track, I hope they provide you with some healthy ideas and cooking/eating inspiration.
I usually spend a little time Saturday putting together a list of recipes I want to make and a shopping list. Sunday I shop, prep and often make a dish or two in the crock pot so I go into the week with healthy food choices ready and waiting. This helps me avoid the temptation of last minute drive-throughs and dialing for takeout.
My Weight Watchers Friendly Weekly Healthy Meal Plan (11/10/14)
I like to keep things simple when it comes to breakfast. I usually rotate between a few breakfast options day in and day out, only changing it up slightly with the seasons. This week I’m going to alternate between oatmeal and mini egg frittatas I’ll have either one or the other with 1/2 a banana (0) and a large mug of decaf coffee (0).
- Weight Watchers Individual Ham, Cheese and Veggie Frittatas (3) (I’ll make these Sunday and store in refrigerator/freezer) with a light English Muffin (3)
- Quick Cooking Steel Cooked Oats cooked with Almond Milk (6)
I also like to keep lunch quick and easy. I’ve found that limiting my choices is one of my best strategies for easily maintaining my weight. I usually opt for soup and/or salad or leftovers. Once or twice a week I meet Mom for lunch which is fun and keeps things interesting so I don’t get bored.
This week the days I’m home for lunch I’ll alternate among:
- Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup (4)
I’ll enjoy my soup with a few whole grain crackers (3) and Laughing Cow Cheese (1) and if I’m feeling really hungry, a simple green salad with reduced fat dressing (1).
Because we are a family of two, we often have dinner leftovers that we are happy to eat again on a subsequent night. So I usually only end up cooking 3 or 4 nights a week 🙂
- Mom’s Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole (9) with Weight Watchers Simple Arugula Salad (3)
- Weight Watchers Meatloaf (6) and Steamed Green Beans (0) Tossed Salad (0) and Dressing (2)
- Easy Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole (7) with Carrots (0)
- Broiled Salmon (7) with Spinach (0) and Brown Rice (1/2 cup – 3)
Again, I try to limit my choices when it comes to snacking and only eat when I am truly hungry. I’ve worked hard to break myself of the snacking when bored habit, but it still can happen if I have too many tempting snacks around!
- Apple Slices with a little Peanut Butter (3)
- Raw Almonds (3-5)
We don’t eat dessert everyday. But I like to have something around if we want a little something sweet after dinner. I often make a sweet treat over the weekend that we can enjoy during the week. One of my strategies for not over-indulging in sweets is to limit myself to homemade ones. They seem more worth the calories/points.
Previous Weekly Meal Plans:
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (10/20/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (10/27/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (11/3/14)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!