I’ve decided to begin posting my weekly meal plans ideas. In addition to keeping me on track, I hope they provide you with some healthy ideas and cooking/eating inspiration.
I usually spend a little time Saturday putting together a list of recipes I want to make and a shopping list. Sunday I shop, prep and often make something in the Crock Pot so I go into the week with at least one healthy dish ready and waiting.
My Weight Watchers Friendly Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (11/3/14)
I’m like to keep things simple when it comes to breakfast. I usually rotate between a few breakfast options day in and day out, only changing it up slightly with the seasons. Right now I’m in an oatmeal or english muffin phase. I’ll have either one or the other with 1/2 a banana (0) and a large mug of decaf coffee (0).
- Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins (3) (I’ll make these Sunday and store in refrigerator/freezer) with 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt drizzled drizzled with 2 teaspoons maple syrup (3)
- Scrambled Egg Sandwich (1 egg/2 whites scrambled) (2) and salsa (0) on a Light English Muffin (3)
I also like to keep lunch quick and easy. I’ve found that limiting my choices is one of my best strategies for easily maintaining my weight. I usually opt for soup and/or salad or leftovers. Once or twice a week I meet Mom for lunch which is fun and keeps things interesting so I don’t get bored.
This week the days I’m home for lunch I’ll alternate among:
I’ll enjoy my soup with a few whole grain crackers (3) and if I’m feeling really hungry, a simple green salad with reduced fat dressing (1).
Because we are a family of two, we often have dinner leftovers that we are happy to eat again on a subsequent night. So I usually only end up cooking 3 or 4 nights a week 🙂
- Sausage Spinach Wild Rice Soup (4) and Tossed Salad (0) and Dressing (2)
- Whole Wheat Fettucini (4) and Broccoli (0) with Skinny Alfredo Sauce (4) (new recipe, not yet posted)
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (6) with Skinny Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash (2) and Green Beans (0)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Mushroom Sauce (6) with 1/2 Cup Brown Rice (3) and Tossed Salad (0) and Dressing (2)
Again, I try to limit my choices when it comes to snacking and only eat when I am truly hungry. I’ve worked hard to break myself of the snacking when bored habit, but it still can happen!
- Triscuits (3) with Laughing Cow Cheese (1)
- Apple Slices with a little Peanut Butter (3)
- Raw Almonds (3-5)
We don’t eat dessert everyday. But I like to have something around if we want a little something sweet after dinner. I often make something over the weekend that we can enjoy during the week.
- Halloween Oreos (in the cookie jar) (3)
- Easy Low Calorie Pumpkin Cheesecake (6)
Previous Weekly Meal Plans:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!