I've decided to begin posting my weekly meal plans. In addition to keeping me on track, I hope they provide you with some healthy ideas and cooking/eating inspiration.
I usually spend a little time Saturday putting together a list of recipes I want to make and a shopping list. Sunday I shop, prep and often make something in the Crock Pot so I go into the week with at least one healthy dish ready and waiting.
My Weight Watchers Friendly Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (10/20/14)
I'm like to keep things simple when it comes to breakfast. I usually rotate between a few breakfast options day in and day out, only changing it up slightly with the seasons. Right now I'm in an oatmeal or english muffin phase. I'll have either one or the other with ½ a banana (0) and a large mug of decaf coffee (0).
- Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal (7) (I'll make this Sunday and then store it in the fridge for reheating during the week)
- Light English Muffin (3) with 1 T Peanut Butter (3) and Healthy Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits (1)
I also like to keep lunch quick and easy. I've found that limiting my choices is one of my best strategies for easily maintaining my weight. I usually opt for soup and/or salad or leftovers. Once or twice a week I meet Mom for lunch which is fun and keeps things interesting so I don't get bored.
This week the days I'm home for lunch I'll alternate among:
- Hungry Girl's Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup (3)
- Kale Salad with Smoked Turkey, Apple and Craisins (6)
I'll enjoy my soup and salad with a few whole grain crackers (3) and if I'm feeling really hungry, a simple green salad with reduced fat dressing (1).
Because we are a family of two, we often have dinner leftovers that we are happy to eat again on a subsequent night. So I usually only end up cooking 3 or 4 nights a week 🙂
- Crock Pot Pineapple Pork (6) with brown rice (4) and green beans (0)
- Slow Cooker 3 Bean Turkey Chili (5) with Moist Healthy Slow Cooker Cornbread (4)
- Broiled Salmon (6) with Slow Cooker Broccoli Corn Casserole (3)
- 3-Cheese Garden Vegetable Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust (4 per slice) with Tossed Salad (0) and Dressing (2)
Again, I try to limit my choices when it comes to snacking and only eat when I am truly hungry. I've worked hard to break myself of the snacking when bored habit.
- Popcorn (3)
- Apple Slices with a little Peanut Butter (3)
- Raw Almonds (3-5)
We don't eat dessert everyday. But I like to have something around if we want a little something sweet after dinner. And since Halloween is this week it's the perfect excuse to celebrate a little 🙂
- Halloween Oreos (in the cookie jar) (3)
- Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars (2)
If you make one of our weight watchers recipes, we would love for you to take a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with PointsPlus section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!