WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup
For a long time I resisted recipes for any kind of cabbage soup.
I automatically associated "cabbage soup" with the boring bland Cabbage Soup Diet recipe.
And I decided years ago that life was too short to subject myself to boring bland food in the name of weight loss ever again.
Easy, healthy and delicious, this crock pot sweet and sour cabbage soup is the opposite of bland!
It's meatless. Super simple to toss together. And tastes even better when reheated. Think of it as meatless stuffed cabbage you eat with a spoon.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Sweet & Sour Soup?
Each cup of this sweet 'n sour cabbage soup has just 78 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Are You Ready To Slow Cook Yourself Slim?
If you've made this Sweet 'n Sour Cabbage Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 small (1 to 1-¼ pounds) head green cabbage, 7 cups chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Plain non-fat yogurt or sour cream for garnish, if desired
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- In your slow cooker, combine the cabbage, onion, broth, tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, salt, pepper, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Stir to mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the cabbage is very tender.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and dollop with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
Source: Adapted from Slow and Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker (affiliate link) by Natalie Haughton.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Cabbage Soup Recipe for Weight Watchers
- Weight Watchers Simply Filling Cabbage & Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup with Sausage
- Shredded Cabbage Soup
- WW Freestyle Cabbage Soup Recipes
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
I made it in the Instant Pot, 10 minutes on manual, natural release. Delicious.