WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup
(79 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
For a long time I resisted recipes for any kind of cabbage soup.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup
I automatically associated “cabbage soup” with the boring bland Cabbage Soup Diet recipe.
And I decided years ago that life was too short to subject myself to boring bland food in the name of weight loss ever again.
Easy, healthy and delicious, this crock pot sweet and sour cabbage soup is the opposite of bland!
It’s meatless. Super simple to toss together. And tastes even better when reheated. Think of it as meatless stuffed cabbage you eat with a spoon.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Sweet & Sour Soup for the Crock Pot?
Each cup of this sweet ‘n sour cabbage soup has just 78 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Sweet ‘n Sour Cabbage Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 small (1 to 1-1/4 pounds) head green cabbage, 7 cups chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Plain non-fat yogurt or sour cream for garnish, if desired
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- In your slow cooker, combine the cabbage, onion, broth, tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, salt, pepper, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Stir to mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the cabbage is very tender.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and dollop with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
Source: Adapted from Slow and Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker by Natalie Haughton.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like low fat sweet and sour cabbage soup you might also like:
- Weight Watchers Simply Filling Cabbage & Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup with Sausage
- Shredded Cabbage Soup
- WW Freestyle Cabbage Soup Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!