WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole
(191 calories | *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I’ve always loved cabbage rolls. But am way too lazy to make them.
An easy-peasy slow cooker cabbage roll casserole that is also Weight Watchers friendly.
You get all the flavors of cabbage rolls in this slow cooker cabbage casserole with a LOT less effort.
I’ll admit that it’s not all that much to look at. But, looks can be deceiving!
Simple and delicious, I’ll definitely be making this slow cooker cabbage casserole again.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole
According to my calculations, each serving has about 191 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. This casserole is now *3 SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this simple cabbage roll casserole, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Turkey & Wild Rice Casserole, Tuna Noodle Casserole, Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Casserole, Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole and Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup uncooked, converted rice (I used Uncle Ben's)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 - 15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off any grease.
- Scrape the beef and onion mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. (The cooker will be full, but the cabbage will shrink a lot during cooking.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the cabbage is tender.
Source: Betty Crocker The 300 Calorie Cookbook : 300 tasty meals for eating healthy everyday from Betty Crocker Books.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how AlaskaGranny makes her own simple cabbage roll casserole on the stove top:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Casserole Ideas:
- Sloppy Joe Casserole (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole (LaaLoosh)
- Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole (EmilyBites)
- Chicken & Broccoli Noodle Casserole (SkinnyTaste)
- Vegetarian Spinach & Feta Casserole (SkinnyKitchen)
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake (EmilyBites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!