Happy Valentine's Day! How are you celebrating? We are headed to the 59th Annual VNSA Book Sale, the Southwest's largest used book sale, where this year's theme is, "We Heart Books." It's become a tradition I look forward to each year.
How's the meal planning going? It's hard to believe that I've been posting these Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans now for more than four months. To tell the truth I'm surprised I've stuck with it this long. I didn't expect to find the process as enjoyable or helpful as I have. Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating over the weekend makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking.
Here's what's on my menu this week...
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Ideas (Week #18)
This week I'm going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and:
1. ½ Grapefruit (0PP) and steel cut oats (4PP) with maple syrup (1PP)
I've been missing my morning bowl of steel cut oats. So, Sunday I'll make up a big batch and store it in the fridge for a quick reheat during the week.
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I'm home I'll have:
1. Lemony Lentil Quinoa Salad (6PP) & Frozen Veggie Burger (2PP)
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers. We are happy to eat them again another night. So, I usually only cook from scratch 3 or 4 times a week. (We usually eat out 1 – 2 nights a week.) If I end up with more food than we can eat I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
1. Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder (2 cups - 8 WWPP) with Mixed Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) and Sourdough Bread (2PP)
2. Slow Cooker Asian Lettuce Wraps (13PP)
3. Mel's Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops (7PP) with Mashed Potatoes (4PP) and Green Beans (0PP)
4. Easy Arroz con Pollo (9) with Mixed Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP)
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Apple (0PP) and Almond Butter (3PP)
2. Greek Yogurt & Cocoa Powder (2PP)
I just noticed the cookie jar is empty (again) so I think I'll reload it with a batch of these Easy 4-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies.
What's on Your Menu Plan This Week?
Previous Weekly Menu Plans:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!