Looking for a delicious nutritious way to satisfy a chocolate craving?
Stir some unsweetened cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice into plain nonfat Greek yogurt and voilà, you've got a chocolaty creamy indulgence that's healthy and delicious!
I love chocolate, especially the really good dark kind so I always have some on hand to satisfy a craving when it strikes.
But I often have trouble meeting the Weight Watchers Good Health Guideline regarding dairy (2 servings of nonfat dairy a day).
So, when I saw this suggestion from a Leader in a recent Weight Watchers Weekly, it was a light bulb moment: A way to enjoy a creamy chocolate treat AND increase my intake of non-fat dairy. (Talk about a win-win!)
This simple yogurt cocoa combination has become a go-to treat for me.
Because Greek yogurt is so high in protein, it keeps me satisfied a lot longer than the straight dark chocolate does.
I tend to grab whatever Greek yogurt is most reasonably priced when I shop. Fage, Chobani, Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy all are favorites.
How to Make this Yogurt Snack
Step 1: Gather yogurt, cocoa powder and sweetener.
Step 2: Add yogurt to a small bowl .
Step 3: Add the cocoa powder and sweetener to the yogurt.
Step 4: Stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined. Enjoy!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Creamy Chocolate Yogurt Treat?
According to my calculations, each serving has 79 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
You may have to adjust this depending on the kind of yogurt and/or sweetener you choose.
If you've made this Creamy Low-Fat Chocolate Yogurt, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Creamy Chocolate Yogurt Recipe
- 4 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon xylitol or your sweetener of choice, I like Truvia
- Stir together the yogurt, cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice until well blended.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers friendly ideas for Greek yogurt
- 2-Ingredient Creamy Jello Yogurt Fluff (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Breakfast (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Banana Cream Pie Yogurt Breakfast (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- A great article featuring 14 Things to do with Greek Yogurt (WeightWatchers)
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins (DashingDish)
- Dark Chocolate Drizzled Greek Yogurt Bowl with fruit and homemade chocolate sauce (WholeLiving)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert Cups (Simple Nourished Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!