Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Creamy Chocolate Yogurt
Looking for a delicious nutritious way to satisfy a chocolate craving?
Stir some unsweetened cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice into plain nonfat Greek yogurt and voila – you’ve got a chocolaty creamy indulgence that’s healthy and delicious!
I love chocolate, especially the really good dark kind so I always have some on hand to satisfy a craving when it strikes. But I often have trouble meeting the Weight Watchers Good Health Guideline regarding dairy (2 servings of nonfat dairy a day).
So, when I saw this suggestion from a Leader in a recent Weight Watchers Weekly, it was a light bulb moment: A way to enjoy a creamy chocolate treat AND increase my intake of non-fat dairy. (Talk about a win-win!)
This simple yogurt cocoa combination has become a go-to treat for me.
Because Greek yogurt is so high in protein, it keeps me satisfied a lot longer than the straight dark chocolate does.
I tend to grab whatever Greek yogurt is most reasonably priced when I shop. Fage, Chobani, Trader Joe’s and Fresh & Easy all are favorites.
According to my calculations, each serving has 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoint.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
You may have to adjust this depending on the kind of yogurt and/or sweetener you choose.
I’m also going to experiment with adding a little PB2 (peanut butter flour).
- 4 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon xylitol or your sweetener of choice (I like Truvia)
- Stir together the yogurt, cocoa powder and your sweetener of choice until well blended.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers friendly ideas for Greek yogurt…
- My post and recipe for Skinny Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Breakfast
- My post and recipe for Skinny Banana Cream Pie Yogurt Breakfast
- A great article featuring 14 Things to do with Greek Yogurt (Weight Watchers)
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins (Dashing Dish)
- Dark Chocolate Drizzled Greek Yogurt Bowl with fruit and homemade chocolate sauce (Whole Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.