The last week of January. Can you believe it? I read somewhere that this is the week the New Years Resolution crowd begins abandoning the gym in a big way.
Did you make any resolutions? If you did, how is it going? I abandoned resolutions years ago. They never worked for me.
This year I adopted a motto for the year instead: Be Good. Do Good. Have Fun. My Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans are helping me do just that. They provide the framework I need to help me stay on track with my goals, while being flexible enough to allow for the unexpected twists and turns of life. For example, this week I abandoned my plan to make Lightened Up French Bread Pizzas when I realized we had more leftovers than expected piling up in the fridge.
If you feel like you need more structure and assistance with meal planning, Tammy from Organize Yourself Skinny has a great review of the Healthy Meal Planning Services she uses.
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Ideas (1/26/15)
This week I’m going to have a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and:
1. English Muffin (3PP) with 1/2 Banana (0PP) and Peanut Butter (2PP)
2. 1/2 Grapefruit (0PP) and English Muffin (3PP) with Laughing Cow Cheese (1PP) and Orange Marmalade (1PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports it.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I’m home I’ll have:
1. Baked Potato (4PP) with Cottage Cheese (3PP) and Salsa (0PP) with a Simple Tossed Green Salad with Reduced Fat Dressing (1PP).
Peter, Mom and I are going to try something new next week. I’m calling it a Skinny Meal Swap. We are each going to make a meal to share with each other. It’s like a Christmas Cookie Swap, only healthier! This should make getting dinner on the table easier and healthier for all of us.
Because many of you have told me how much these weight watchers meal plan ideas are helping you, here’s what I would make and have for dinner this week if we weren’t doing the Skinny Meal Swap:
1. Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter (4PP) with Green salad (0PP) and Light Dressing (1PP) and Crusty Bread (2PP).
2. Easy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna (10PP) with Green salad (0PP) and Light Dressing (1PP)
3. Skinny Cheese and Black Bean Nachos (5PP)
4. Leftover Easy Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna (10PP) with Green salad (0pp) and Light Dressing (1PP)
5. Leftover Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Made Lighter (4PP) with Green salad (0pp) and Light Dressing (1PP) and Crusty Bread (2PP).
1. Light Microwave Popcorn (2) and an Orange (0PP)
2. Cucumber Slices (0PP) spread with Laughing Cow Garlic Herb Cheese (1PP)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats (4PP) – I’ve been craving Rice Krispie Treats for a while so I will make a batch this weekend. It’s quicker, of course, on the stovetop, but a lot less messy in the slow cooker.
Previous Weekly Menu Plans:
- My Weekly Meal Plan (1/19/15)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (1/12/15)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (1/5/15)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (12/29/14)
Shared on >Menu Plan Monday
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!