Happy New Year! It's officially 2015.
After a holiday season filled with indulgent food and drink, I'm ready to get back on track. My first weigh-in of the new year is scheduled for Wednesday morning, so I'll be taking it extra easy until then.
Eating the same thing most days for breakfast and lunch (the days I have lunch at home) worked well for me last week. So, I'm planning to try it again this week.
We still have a lot of fruit left from the large box we received for Christmas so I'll make that my breakfast and snack. It's amazing how long fruit with a little plain Greek yogurt keeps me satisfied.
I will also make another big pot of soup in the slow cooker that I'll eat for lunch the days I'm home. It's a new recipe called Back on Track Soup. How perfect is that? If there's more than I can eat, I'll share some with Mom and/or portion it out for the freezer.
I hope your first week of 2015 gets off to a happy healthy start!
My Weight Watchers Weekly Menu Plan (1/5/15)
This week I'm going to have a large mug of decaf coffee (0) and:
- Fruit (Apple or Orange or Pear) (0) with ½ cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt (2)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. And through the years, I've learned that limiting my choices is one of my best strategies for easily maintaining my weight. (I've read research recently that supports this theory.) I usually opt for some combination of soup, salad and/or sandwich or leftovers. On the days I'm home this week I'll have soup:
1. Back on Track Potato Bean Spinach Soup (3) (new recipe - not posted yet)
I'll enjoy my soup with a few whole grain crackers (3) and laughing cow cheese (1) and if I'm feeling really hungry, a simple green salad with reduced fat dressing (1).
Because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again on another night or that I re-purpose somehow. This means that I usually only cook from scratch 3 or 4 times a week 🙂 (We usually eat out 1 - 2 times a week.)
1. Slow Cooker Beef with Mushroom Sauce (6) with Steamed Green Beans (0) and Brown Rice (4).
2. Crock Pot Salmon Fillets and Asian Style Vegetables (5) with Brown Rice Pasta (4) (If you don't like salmon, substitute another fish, such as tilapia.)
3. Italian Sausage and Pasta (9) with with green salad (0) and light dressing (1) (I've been making this recipe for years. It's one of my favorites.)
4. Leftover Slow Cooker Beef with Mushroom Sauce (6) over a Baked Potato (4) with green salad (0) and light dressing (1)
5. Leftover Italian Sausage and Pasta (9) with with green salad (0) and light dressing (1)
We received a big box of fruit for Christmas that we are still working our way through. I'll choose it when I need a snack:
- Fruit (apple, orange, or pear) (0) with a string cheese (2) OR nuts (3)
I love sweet treats but totally went overboard with the baked goods this holiday season. Dessert this week will be less sweet and more wholesome:
- Creamy Slow Cooker Rice Pudding (4)
Previous Weekly Menu Plans:
- My Weekly Meal Plan (12/29/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (12/22/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (12/15/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (12/8/14)
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!