Happy Saturday! Time already for another weekly meal plan.
How did things go for you last week? I had several recipe successes including the Weight Watchers Lemon Bars I made to take to Sunday’s Super Bowl Party that I’ll try get posted soon.
And I got to Weight Watchers for my monthly weigh-in. I’ve made it a habit to do this the first week of each month. In addition to keeping me accountable, I’ve come to see my Weight Watchers meetings as 30 minutes of sanity in an out of control food world. There I’m reminded about balanced nutrition, sensible portions and taking care of myself. I always pick up a tip or two that help me better manage my relationship with food.
Here’s what I’ve got planned for the week…
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Ideas (Week #17)
This week I’m going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and:
1. 1/2 Grapefruit (0PP) and English Muffin (3PP) with 1/2 Banana (0PP) and Peanut Butter (2PP)
2. 1/2 Grapefruit (0PP) and Scrambled Eggs (4PP) on Whole Wheat Toast (2PP)
We enjoyed the grapefruit so much last week, I’m sticking with them again this week. They’re in season, juicy and delicious.
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I’m home I’ll have:
1. Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries (5PP) on a bed of Mixed Greens (0PP) with Triscuits (3PP)
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers. We are happy to eat them again another night. So, I usually only cook from scratch 3 or 4 times a week. (We usually eat out 1 – 2 nights a week.) If I end up with more food than we can eat I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
1. Slow Cooker Brown Rice & Lentils (8 WWPP) with Mixed Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP)
3. Roasted Salmon (5PP) with leftover Slow Cooker Brown Rice & Lentils (4 WWPP) and Green Beans (0PP)
4. Slow Cooker Beef Stew (7) with Whole Wheat Baguette (2)
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Apple (0PP) and Almond Butter (3)
2. Baby Carrots (0PP) and Hummus (2PP)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Saturday is Valentine’s Day. So, this week’s dessert treat must be chocolate. I think I’ll make this Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake to celebrate.
What’s on Your Menu Plan This Week?
Previous Weekly Menu Plans:
- My Weekly Meal Plan (2/2/15)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (1/26/15)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (1/19/15)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (1/12/15)
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!