WW Recipe of the Day: Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
(195 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
Today I’m sharing a Weight Watchers Recipe for Grilled Flank Steak. Many Weight Watchers avoid eating steak even though they love it. But it’s not necessary. You just need to choose the right steak.
Like this light and lean low-carb Weight Watchers Grilled Flank Steak with Onions, which comes from one of my favorite Weight Watchers cookbooks right now – Weight Watchers Family Meals: 250 Recipes for Bringing Family, Friends, and Food Together .
Skinny on Weight Watchers Grilled Flank Steak with Onions
A simple marinade of vinegar, olive oil, garlic and oregano combine to add wonderful flavor to this flank steak.
Serve it with grilled red onion, or choose whatever vegetables you like best. Grilled asparagus, red bell pepper, tomato and/or whole grilled scallions would all be delicious.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 195 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Grilled Flank Steak Recipe Substitutions & Variations
Vegetarian – substitute portobello mushrooms or eggplant for the steak
Different meat – try boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, pork chops or pork tenderloin
Different vinegar – balsamic or sherry vinegar would work
Different vegetables – how about zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, whole scallion
If you liked this easy recipe for grilled flank steak, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Weight Watchers Steak Fajitas, Savory Slow Cooker Round Steak, Weight Watchers Beef & Broccoli, Slow Cooker Balsamic Braised Beef and CrockPot Pepper Steak
If you’ve made this grilled flank steak, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Weight Watchers Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
- 3 tablepoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic and pepper. Add the steak and seal the bag, squeezing out as much extra air as you can. Turn and squish the bag to coat the steak with the marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Turn the bag occasionally if you can.
- When you are ready to cook the steak, preheat your grill with medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle the steak with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Spray the onion with olive oil non-stick spray and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Grill the steak about 6 minutes and then turn it over. Continue to grill until an instant read thermometer inserted into the side of the steak reads 145F degrees, about 6 more minutes.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Cover with foil to retain heat and let it rest about 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, grill the onions, turning occasionally, until they are tender, about 8 or so minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain into 18 slices and place on a serving platter. Top with the onions.
- Vegetarian - substitute portobello mushrooms or eggplant for the steak
- Different meat - try boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, pork chops or pork tenderloin
- Different vinegar - balsamic or sherry vinegar would work well
- Different vegetables - how about zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, whole scallions
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Lightened Up Steak Recipes:
- Balsamic Flank Steak with Roasted Tomatoes (Slender Kitchen)
- Grilled Balsamic Flank Steak (Pointless Meals)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Asparagus and Onions (LaaLoosh)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri (SkinnyTaste)
- Skinny Sizzling Flank Steak with Citrus Salsa (Skinny Kitchen)
- Southwest Flank Steak with Peach Salsa (Eat Yourself Skinny)
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Flank Steak (Emily Bites)
Check out this great video where Weight Watchers shares more ideas for light and healthy grilling…
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!