Before 2015 gets into full swing, I decided to take a little time to reflect on the past 12 months and its highlights. There were highs and lows, as there always are, but I choose to focus on the highs and let the lows fade away. This little exercise has reminded me just how much I have to be grateful for.
Here are the highlights from 2014 I want to remember:
- My brother-in-law returned safely from 6 months in Afghanistan.
- I used my slow cooker for 183 days in a row to make healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes.
- Peter moved to Phoenix.
- Peter and I held a 30 Day JuiceFest in August. We drank fresh juice everyday in August.
- Rod took me on a spur-of-the-moment first class trip to London in August.
- My weight held steady several pounds below my WW Lifetime goal.
- We enjoyed a restorative, romantic anniversary weekend in Rocky Point in October.
- Everyone was able to gather together for all the major holidays.
- We made our first slow cooker cooking videos and established a YouTube channel.
- We published our 50 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes eCookbook to Cook Yourself Slim.
- Simple Nourished Living's traffic more than doubled.
Guiding Principle of the Year: Trust your instincts.
Favorite Books: The Reluctant Tuscan: How I Discovered My Inner Italian and Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
Favorite Cookbooks: Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker and Twelve Months of Monastery Soups
Favorite New Recipe: Crock Pot Baked Oatmeal
Favorite Restaurant: Rancho Pinot
Favorite Hangout: Luci's Healthy Marketplace
Favorite Quote: "We are what we repeatedly do…" - Aristotle
Favorite Moment: Sunset and Margaritas on the Patio at Casa Del Capitan in Rocky Point.
What were your favorite moments and memories of 2014?
And for all you recipe lovers, here's a recap of 2014...The Top 10 Weight Watchers Recipes of 2014 here at Simple Nourished Living...
Top 10 Weight Watchers Recipes 2014
With our focus on slow cooking here at Simple Nourished Living, it's probably no surprise that 8 of our Top 10 Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes are made in the crock pot. The other 2 are recipes for light and easy desserts...
Get More Great Weight Watchers Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes in our NEW eCookbook...
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!