Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
I love making breakfast dishes like this slow cooker breakfast casserole on the weekend so that we can enjoy the leftovers warmed up during the week.
It keeps things quick and easy in the morning.
Combining frozen hash browns, turkey sausage or lean ham, cheese and eggs, this hearty and delicious slow cooker breakfast casserole keeps me satisfied for hours.
Of all the crock pot breakfast dishes I’ve made since October, this is one of our favorites.
Rod, Mom and I all liked it… a LOT.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
I adapted the original recipe, from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!.
I made a half batch that provided 6 good-size servings, substituted turkey sausage for the ham, skipped the chopped onion, and used reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
This breakfast casserole would also be delicious with cubed lean ham instead of the sausage.
According to my calculations, each serving has 261 calories, *7 Weight Watchers Points Plus and *7 WW SmartPoints.
Under the new tracking plan for 2018, this is now *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
If you like this easy healthy slow cooker breakfast casserole, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker breakfast recipes including Southwest Breakfast Casserole, Slow Cooker Spaghetti Frittata, Leftovers for Breakfast Slow Cooker Casserole, Easy Egg & Sausage Puff Made Lighter, Skinny Slow Cooker Frittata
Easy Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (I used O'Brien style)
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey breakfast sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2- to 3-Quart.
- If it isn't already cooked, brown the sausage in a skillet. Drain and set it aside.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Place one third of the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with one third of the cooked sausage and one third of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, sausage and cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 or 5 hours, or until the casserole is set in the middle and lightly brown around the edges.
- Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker breakfast casserole recipe, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!