(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 194 – Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple)
Here’s a super easy recipe for slow cooker teriyaki chicken. With just 5 ingredients dinner doesn’t get much easier or more delicious.
It’s really not that hard to make teriyaki sauce from scratch, which is what I did for this Teriyaki Chicken stir fry a while back.
But sometimes I prefer the ease of opening a bottle. The key is finding a high quality teriyaki sauce without a lot of additives and preservatives that you like. It will make a huge difference. (I like both SoyVay and Kikkoman Takumi brands.)
Skinny on Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Served over rice with an Asian vegetable blend on the side, this slow cooker teriyaki chicken was tender and flavorful.
It’s definitely a do-over.
According to my calculations each serving has 240 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (8 5-ounce thighs)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce (I like Soy-Bay and Kikkoman Takumi brands)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca (for thickening)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir together the pineapple, teriyaki sauce, green onion and tapioca. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is fork tender.
The quality of your teriyaki sauce will make a big difference here. I like Soy-Vay and Kikkoman Takumi brands.
Possible additions: 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker teriyaki chicken calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked slow teriyaki chicken: