(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 99)
Are you looking for a way to satisfy a Chinese food craving that will work with Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique?
Look no further than this slow cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli.
In addition to being tasty, this slow cooker Szechuan chicken is really easy to toss together, calls for basic ingredients, and is ready in just a few hours.
I combined everything in my slow cooker late yesterday afternoon and it was ready by dinnertime!
I liked that it called for picante sauce, something I always seem to have in the fridge.
If you want to kick-up the spiciness, use hot picante sauce/salsa and add a few red hot pepper flakes.
I served it on brown rice to keep it Simply Filling. Rod and I both thought it was good.
Each generous serving of slow cooker Szechuan chicken and broccoli has just 208 calories and 5 Points Plus and works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup picante sauce (I used medium salsa)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger (I used 1 teaspoon jarred ginger instead)
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into pieces
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick Spray. (I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.)
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. (I used Jane's crazy mixed-up salt.)
- Place the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and toss/stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, stirring until the chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with additional salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Serve with brown rice and additional soy sauce, if desired
Make this Szechuan chicken and broccoli spicier by using hot picante sauce or hot salsa and adding a few hot red pepper flakes.
If you liked slow cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker szechuan chicken and broccoli calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.