(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking, Day 15 – Vegetable Crock Pot Pizza)
I made this vegetable crock pot pizza for dinner last Sunday.
After arriving home late in the afternoon from our weekend away in Flagstaff, I needed something I could make in the crock pot that would be quick and easy.
I spotted this vegetable slow cooker pizza in Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
Everything I’ve tried from it so far has been delicious. But, I was still not convinced that I would make pizza worth eating in the slow cooker.
The page’s tip said, “This recipe is a very good reason to bring out the slow cooker on a weekend when everyone’s hungry and nobody feels much like cooking.”
Sold! Since I didn’t feel much like cooking and needed to use my slow cooker, I decided to give it a try.
Skinny on Vegetable Crock Pot Pizza
I made a few changes to the recipe.
The book suggests making a crust from Bisquick and hot water.
I had a refrigerated pizza crust in the fridge that needed to be used and seemed even easier.
I also used less sauce and stuck with just veggies for toppings to keep the pizza lighter and healthier.
This vegetable crock pot pizza came out surprisingly tasty. The crust browned nicely around the edges. And although the crust was thick, it wasn’t too “doughy.”
Both Rod and I enjoyed it a lot. It’s definitely something I can see myself making again.
Each piece of this vegetable crock pot pizza has 174 calories and *5 PointsPlus.
- 1 package (11 to 14 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce (I used jarred tomato basil marinara sauce)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- your favorite vegetable toppings such as onions, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli florets, artichoke hearts, halved cherry tomatoes (I used broccoli florets, mushroom slices, and chopped red bell pepper)
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. (I used my 6-quart oval slow cooker.)
- Unroll the dough and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread it out, pressing it with your fingers, so it comes up on the sides about an inch or so.
- Spread the sauce out evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the sauce with ¾ cup of the cheese.
- Scatter your vegetable toppings evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the crust begins to brown around the edges.
- Uncover, being careful not to let the condensation on the lid drip onto the pizza.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- You should be able to lift the pizza out of the slow cooker with two spatulas.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® for vegetable crock pot pizza calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this recipe for vegetable crock pot pizza, you might also like: