Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I’m planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I’m cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don’t stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan (Week #24)
This week I’m going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Breakfast Smoothie (4PP): This is my basic healthy smoothie recipe template that you can modify in a variety of ways to make whatever kind of smoothie you prefer.
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I’m home I plan to have:
1. Cottage Cheese (3PP) with Fruit (0PP) – My cottage cheese and fruit kick continues. This week I’m changing it up by having it for lunch the days I’m home instead of breakfast. To prevent myself from getting bored, I rotate the fruit I use. Current favorites include berries, pineapple, bananas, kiwifruit and grapes.
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
3. Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Salad (6PP) – A complete light meal in a bowl, this Mediterranean couscous salad is a winner. And it tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld. So you can enjoy it for dinner and then again the next day for lunch.
4. Broiled Salmon brushed with a mixture of (2T hoisin sauce, 2T maple syrup and 2t. dijon mustard) (7PP) is quick and delicious. Serve with brown rice (1/2 cup 3PP) and Roasted Asparagus (1PP) ( I realize we had salmon on the menu last week too. But it’s on sale at my local market and we could easily eat it every week.)
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Fruit (apple, orange, or pear) (0) with a string cheese (2) OR nuts (3)
2. Baby Carrots (0) with 1/4 cup Hummus (2)
It’s time for a cake. My favorite kinds of cakes to make are bundt cakes, which have a lot less icing and are less sweet than many other cakes, a great choice when you’re watching your weight. I love this homemade lemon coconut tea cake (6PP), a winning flavor combination if there ever was one.
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!