Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I’m planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I’m cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don’t stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan (Week #23)
This week I’m going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Cottage Cheese (3PP) with Fruit (0PP) – My cottage cheese and fruit kick continues. I’m loving it for a quick and easy breakfast, just changing up the fruit. This morning I had it with blueberries. Yum!
2. Breakfast Pizza: Top both halves of a Toasted English Muffin (3) with sliced tomato (0), 1 large Scrambled Egg (2) and 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese (2). Broil until the cheese warms and begins to melt. (I’ve been reading a lot about the power of eggs at breakfast in supporting weight loss.)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I’m home I plan to have:
1. Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries (6PP) on a simple green salad with reduced fat dressing (1).
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
1. Weight Watchers Meat Loaf (6PP) with Baked Potato (4PP) topped with 2 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt (0PP) and steamed broccoli (0PP) sprinkled with 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan (1). Rod loves meat loaf and it’s been a while so it’s time.
2. Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken (5PP). I love mustard, maple and rosemary so this is a winner in my book. Serve with roasted carrots (1PP) and a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) alongside.
3. Easy Crock Pot Corn Chowder (5PP ) – This yummy corn chowder manages to be rich, creamy and delicious and good for you while being very low in fat. I like to serve this with warm crusty bread (2PP) and a little smoked salmon (2PP)
4. Broiled Salmon seasoned with lemon pepper and thin slices of lemon (6PP) is quick and delicious. Serve with brown rice (1/2 cup 3PP) and green peas (1PP) and a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP)
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Fruit (apple, orange, or pear) (0) with a string cheese (2) OR nuts (3)
2. Baby Carrots (0) with 1/4 cup Hummus (2)
I’ve stocked the cookie jar with Pepperidge farm sugar cookies and lemon cookies that were on sale this week (2PP).
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!