WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp
(211 calories | 4 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Here’s an easy, light, healthy and delicious recipe perfect for summer, or any time of year.
Served with a simple tossed green salad and warm crusty bread, it makes for a simple satisfying supper.
Skinny on WW White Beans & Shrimp
I adapted this recipe from the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook.
The recipe called for using a large 5 or 6-Quart slow cooker, which would have been WAY too big. (Using my slow cooker so much has improved my ability to spot potential problems and avoid kitchen catastrophes 🙂 )
For best results your slow cooker should always be between one-half and two-thirds full.
So, I adjusted and used my 1-1/2-Quart slow cooker, which worked perfectly. I think a 2-Quart would work well too.
According to my calculations each serving has 211 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Under the new WW program guidelines, this is now *0 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Low Fat White Beans with Shrimp, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp Recipe
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (I used my homemade slow cooker beans)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW, 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the shrimp cover and cook on HIGH until the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about 20 to 40 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the basil.
Recipe source: adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for slow cooker white beans and shrimp, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker White Beans
- Slow Cooker Corn and Shrimp Chowder
- Roasted Shrimp with Broccoli
- Southwest Shrimp Black Bean Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!