Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp
Here’s an easy, light, healthy and delicious recipe perfect for summer, or any time of year.
Served with a simple tossed green salad and warm crusty bread, it made for a simple satisfying supper.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp
I adapted this recipe for Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp from the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook.
The recipe called for using a large 5 or 6-Quart slow cooker, which would have been WAY too big. (Using my slow cooker so much has improved my ability to spot potential problems and avoid kitchen catastrophes 🙂 )
For best results your slow cooker should always be between one-half and two-thirds full.
So, I adjusted and used my 1-1/2-Quart slow cooker, which worked perfectly. I think a 2-Quart would work well too.
According to my calculations each serving has 211 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus. This recipe has decreased to *4 SmartPoints.
Under the new WW program guidelines for 2018, this is now *0 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp Recipe
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (I used my homemade slow cooker beans)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW, 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the shrimp cover and cook on HIGH until the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about 20 to 40 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the basil.
Recipe source: adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker white beans and shrimp, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!