Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp
Cook Yourself Slim with my favorite slow cooker recipes all with PointsPlus & SmartPoints!
Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes # 215 – Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp
Here’s an easy, light, healthy and delicious recipe perfect for summer, or any time of year. Served with a simple tossed green salad and warm crusty bread, it made for a simple satisfying supper.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp
I adapted this recipe for Weight Watchers Crock Pot White Beans and Shrimp from the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook.
The recipe called for using a large 5 or 6-Quart slow cooker, which would have been WAY too big. (Using my slow cooker so much has improved my ability to spot potential problems and avoid kitchen catastrophes 🙂 )
For best results your slow cooker should always be between one-half and two-thirds full. So, I adjusted and used my 1-1/2-Quart slow cooker, which worked perfectly. I think a 2-Quart would work well too.
According to my calculations each serving has 211 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus. This recipe has decreased to 4 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (I used my homemade slow cooker beans)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart
- Combine the beans, tomatoes and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW, 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the shrimp cover and cook on HIGH until the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about 20 to 40 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the basil.
Source: adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.