My post-holiday soup kick continues with slow cooker curried carrot soup. Creamy, colorful and flavorful, this slow cooker curried carrot soup is comfort in a bowl. A great example of how easy and delicious it can be to slim down with soup!
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Slow Cooker Curried Carrot Soup?
Each cup of this luscious low calorie vegetarian soup has just 98 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
And using nonfat milk will keep it Simply Filling.
This easy, healthy, delicious soup has decreased to just *1 SmartPoint on the new WW Freestyle Program! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Curried Carrot Soup Recipe Notes
Gorgeously golden, subtly sweet, with just a hint of spice from the curry powder, both Rod and I agreed that this soup was delicious when I served it last night as part of a simple supper.
If you prefer a deeper curry flavor, add an extra teaspoon or two.
While this recipe calls for carrots and apples, I’ve also made it with carrots, butternut squash and apples and just butternut squash and apples.
Most recently I added a large peeled chopped sweet potato to the carrots and apples, which resulted in a thicker, more bisque like consistency and deeper orange color.
I’ve also had success substituting a cup or two of unsweetened applesauce for the chopped apples.
Clearly this is a soup you can vary to suit your tastes, the season, and what you have available.
Curried Carrot Soup Additions/Variations
different vegetables: sweet potatoes, parsnips, winter squash (acorn, butternut, hubbard, etc) or pumpkin
different spices: ginger, nutmeg, apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice, fresh ginger, garam masala , etc.
garnishes: dollop of plain fat-free yogurt or sour cream, sliced scallions, pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
thicker: add chopped sweet potatoes (2-3 cups)
sweeter: stir in 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar, honey or maple syrup to your finished soup
vegetarian: use vegetable broth and nondairy milk
If you like slow cooker curried carrot soup, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup, Easy Chai Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup, Slow Cooker Ham Split Pea Soup, Broccoli Cauliflower Soup, Skinny Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk and Sweet Potato Tomato Soup
If you’ve made this Curried Carrot Apple Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped (I like Granny Smith or Honey Crisp)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk, dairy or nondairy
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- In your slow cooker, combine the carrots, onion, apple, curry powder, garlic, allspice, salt and broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until carrots are very tender, and easily split with a fork.
- With an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup until it's silky smooth, being careful not to splatter yourself with the hot soup. (You can also do this in a blender, in batches, again being careful and holding down the lid to avoid being burned by exploding soup)
- Stir in the milk. (I used coconut milk beverage since it's what was in the fridge.)
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.
- different vegetables: sweet potatoes, parsnips, winter squash (acorn, butternut, hubbard, etc)
- different spices: ginger, nutmeg, apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice, fresh ginger
- garnishes: dollop of plain fat free yogurt or sour cream, sliced scallions, pumpkin seeds
- thicker: add more carrots and/or add chopped sweet potatoes (2-3 cups)
- sweeter: stir in 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar, honey or maple syrup to your finished soup
WW is offering the gift of good health this holiday season!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Originally published 12/2013; Updated 10/2018 with new text and additional photos.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!