WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Berry Terrine
Isn't this one of the prettiest summer desserts you've ever seen (if I do say so myself)?
It's a summer berry terrine, which is essentially a fancy way of saying, "a fruit packed jello mold."
But instead of using regular "Jell-O" you make your own with unflavored gelatin, fruit juice and sparkling water—a lighter, healthier, tastier, more Weight Watcher friendly alternative.
Perfect for your Memorial Day gathering, July 4th celebration or any summer picnic table.
This is just the kind of quick, easy, light and refreshing summer dessert I was craving recently!
I adapted it slightly from this Terrine of Summer Fruits I found on Delia Smith's website, where she describes it as, "dead easy to make and slices like a dream — a lovely, fresh-tasting, summer dessert."
First, I made only half a recipe. And I also substituted a combination of cranberry juice and sparkling water for the suggested sparkling rosé, which sounded lovely but would have required a trip out into the scorching heat.
I also skipped the suggested step of adding a small amount of the jelly at the end because I failed to notice this instruction in the headnotes: "In testing, I have found that it is necessary to add the smaller amount of jelly at the end to avoid spillage when weighting, as it's this weighting that makes the terrine easy to slice."
Oops! So, I ended up with a little "spillage" that I easily trimmed away with little muss or fuss.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Berry Dessert?
Another winner in my book, coming together quickly and setting up beautifully, this skinny summer berry terrine is as easy as it is impressive with only 49 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this lightened up summer berry terrine, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Skinny Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses, Easy No-Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake, 3-Ingredient Non-Fat Frozen Strawberry Yogurt, Berry Ricotta Tiramisu Parfaits and Enlightened Lemon Triple Berry Fool
If you've made this Low-Fat Berry Terrine, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Summer Berry Terrine Recipe
- 2-½-3 cups mixed fresh berries (I used blackberries, strawberries and blueberries. If you strawberries are large, cut them in halves or quarters.)
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1 envelope (¼ ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup sparkling water
- 1-½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Gather two 4 x 8-inch loaf pans. Place the rinsed berries in one of the pans.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup of the cranberry juice and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to soften.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the remaining ¼ cup cranberry juice and sugar to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the softened gelatin until it is dissolved, then stir in the sparkling water and lime juice. Let cool to room temperature and then pour the gelatin mixture over the fruit in the loaf pan.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over the pan, place the other loaf pan directly on top of the plastic wrap, then put two unopened cans (of soup or beans or something similar) into the top pan to act as weights.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Remove the top loaf pan, cans and plastic wrap.
- To unmold, dip bottom of the pan in hot water for about 5 seconds and then invert onto a serving platter, shaking firmly to release. Trim away any rough edges around the bottom of the jello mold if desired.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut it into slices. Serve with whipped cream or Greek yogurt, if desired.
Source: Adapted from Delia Smith
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Summer Berry Terrine Recipes:
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Terrine from Fat Free Vegan
- Berry and Banana Terrine from Simply Recipes
- Prosecco Summer Fruit Terrine from Epicurious
Watch how easy it is to make your very own summer fruit terrine:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes with Berries and Jello
- Cranberry Jello Mold Salad (SimpleNourishedLiving)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Parfaits (EmilyBites)
- Super Light Blueberry Cream Pie (SkinnyTaste)
- Mini Raspberry Chocolate Tarts (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Fruit & Yogurt Jello Cups (EmilyBites)
- Key Lime Pie (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Strawberries (SkinnyTaste)
- Jello Sparkling Raspberry Jigglers(OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!