WW Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
I recently borrowed Mom's Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave! (affiliate link), which is so full of Weight Watchers friendly recipes I want to try, I'll probably have to buy my own copy.
This skinny no-bake lemon blueberry cheesecake is the third recipe I've tried so far from the book and it's a winner!
Calling for cottage cheese and lemon gelatin, with a simple blueberry topping, it's unlike any other light or no-bake cheesecake recipe I've ever seen.
A 4.5 Star Rating (based on more than 25 reviews) on the Taste of Home website, was just the confirmation I was looking for to make it sooner, rather than later, since blueberries are so plentiful and inexpensive right now.
The recipe called for non-fat cottage cheese, but I used regular instead, since that's what I had in my fridge.
Truthfully, this no-bake low fat cheesecake turned out better than I'd hoped. Refreshingly lemony and incredibly smooth, its a perfect summer dessert—much lighter than traditional cheesecake.
Rod hasn't been able to stay away from it, enjoying two pieces Sunday night and another last night. I love when I make something that's this well received, not to mention so quick and easy to make.
Just had an update from Mom, whom emailed to say, "Had your cheesecake tonight (I'd forgotten it was in the fridge; so was quite sad looking), and the flavor was delicious! Best ever cheesecake!!!!! Loved it because it was so cool, smooth and not 'sweet'!!!!
So, it's unanimous. Everyone who's tasted it has loved it.
One secret to this recipe is to be sure and process the cottage cheese until it's silky smooth.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this No-Bake Cheesecake?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 172 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Lemon Blueberry No-Bake Cheesecake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
No-Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) non-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1-⅓ cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and oil.
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: In a blender, cover and process the cottage cheese and sugar until smooth. With the blender on, slowly add the cooled gelatin until well incorporated.
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture into the prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, until firm.
- To make the blueberry topping: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch and then gradually stir in the water until smooth.Add 1 cup of blueberries. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cool slightly and then transfer the mixture into a blender. Cover and process until smooth.Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake and remove the sides of the pan. Spread the blueberry mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Top with remaining blueberries. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Source: Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave! (affiliate link)
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this skinny no-bake cheesecake, you might also like:
- Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Lemon Triple Berry Fool (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- WW Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Yogurt Bark (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Guiltless Blueberry Cheesecake (SkinnyTaste)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Crystal @ Simply Playful Fare
This looks awesome, and easy too! I love that there's not much sugar in it. 🙂
Thanks, Crystal. It's one of those recipes that really surprised me!
April @ The 21st Century Housewife
What a beautiful cheesecake, and I love that it is better for you than traditional versions. It's lovely when desserts are wholesome too!
Kim of Mo'Betta
ohhhh, definitely putting this on my wish list 🙂
Wahahaha! I have everything but the cottage cheese and I was already at the store today, not going back 🙁 This looks amazing. Thank you for sharing it on Foodie Friday
Thanks Adelina! I know what you mean about not going back to the store. Once in a day is more than enough!
I love anything no bake 🙂 Right now nothing within me wants to turn on the oven!
oh, I'll have to make this for my Mom, she loves blueberry desserts.
Meghann @ Raising a Home
Wow! This looks amazing and so easy! Thanks for sharing!
I love cheesecake and blueberries. I bet they pair nicely!
I'd be so happy if you linked up to Manic Monday tomorrow at 8pm EST.
Thanks Renea. I'd love to link up to Manic Monday!
I am impressed... no bake and it looks like this...wow beautiful cake thank you for sharing it with us on foodie friday.
What a beautiful cheesecake! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great weekend and come back soon!
Beautiful dessert. I just made this without the crust (so I'm saving points 😉 ) and put it into individual ramekins. Absolutely yummy.
Thanks, Angela! Love the idea of skipping the crust and making them in individual ramekins! Thanks for sharing.
Can sugar-free lemon jello be substituted in this recipe?
Hi Vicky, I haven't tried it but it should work fine. -Martha