Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
I recently borrowed Mom’s Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave! , which is so full of Weight Watchers friendly recipes I want to try, I’ll probably have to buy one of my own.
This skinny no-bake lemon blueberry cheesecake is the third recipe I’ve tried so far from the book and it’s a winner. Calling for cottage cheese and lemon gelatin, with a simple blueberry topping, it’s unlike any other light or no-bake cheesecake recipe I’ve ever seen.
A 4.5 Star Rating (based on more than 25 reviews) on the Taste of Home website, was just the confirmation I was looking for to make it sooner, rather than later, since blueberries are so plentiful and inexpensive right now.
The recipe called for non-fat cottage cheese, but I used regular instead, since that’s what I had in my fridge.
The Skinny on Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Truthfully, this skinny no-bake cheesecake turned out better than I’d hoped. Refreshingly lemony and incredibly smooth, its a perfect summer dessert—much lighter than traditional cheesecake.
Rod hasn’t been able to stay away from it, enjoying two pieces Sunday night and another last night. I love when I make something that’s this well received, not to mention so quick and easy to make.
Just had an update from Mom, whom emailed to say, “Had your cheesecake tonight (I’d forgotten it was in the fridge; so was quite sad looking), and the flavor was delicious! Best ever cheesecake!!!!! Loved it because it was so cool, smooth and not ‘sweet’!!!!
So, it’s unanimous. Everyone who’s tasted it has loved it.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 172 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this lemon blueberry cheesecake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
No-Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) non-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and oil.
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: In a blender, cover and process the cottage cheese and sugar until smooth. With the blender on, slowly add the cooled gelatin until well incorporated.
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture into the prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, until firm.
- To make the blueberry topping: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch and then gradually stir in the water until smooth. Add 1 cup of blueberries. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cool slightly and then transfer the mixture into a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake and remove the sides of the pan. Spread the blueberry mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Top with remaining blueberries. Refrigerate any leftovers.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this skinny no-bake cheesecake, you might also like:
- Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Lemon Triple Berry Fool (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Guiltless Blueberry Cheesecake (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!